My last question before deciding on an akita

Alright, so me and my husband have made the decision to add a canine addition to the family, which consists of just him and myself, after thoroughly searching the breed and deciding it seems to be our best fit we have one more question that we can't seem ro find a firm answer to, that is shedding. For him, shedding is a big concern and we both understand that twice a year the akita will blow it's coat and we are committed to grooming it as needed, but we can't find a direct answer for the akitas shedding the rest of the year. I've found websites that say they don't shed that bad when they aren't blowing their coats but I wanted an answer from someone who has owned an akita and has first hand experience, so my question is with proper care and matienance what is the akita shedding like while they aren't blowing their coats? Thanks you very much, in advance.