Is there an average lifespan of Maine Coons? I rescued a big female one stormy night. I don't know h

Dawn BlanchardDawn Blanchard Kennewick / Columbia ParkPosts: 1Member
On 1.30.15 I heard a cat relentlessly crying outside on a very stormy night. Thinking it was an apt. neighbors cat, I ran outside to bring him in. To my surprise, it was a large, longhaired, unfamiliar beauty. I took it into my apt. When the kitty calmed down a bit, I politely checked for gender; a very big boned female! She was sweetly quite talkative, I call it "trilling." The next day I asked neighbors if she belonged to anyone, thinking she was an indoor cat who may have escaped. Nope! Later I realized she was underweight, filling out rapidly, wanting food to always be in her bowl. Then it hit me like thunder & lightening! "MooMoo is a Maine Coon!" She is so loving, I call it being "mooey"; so MooMoo she is. Reading they mature between 2-5 yrs of age, I think she is a bit over 1. I'm feeding her quality 'Indoor Cat' kibble wanting to avoid obesity. Is it true vets can guesstimate the age of cats & dogs? Her mane is full, ear tufts not so long yet, good teeth & healthy! Happy too!