Adopted Doggy who I can't seem to contain in any form without high anxiety when I leave for work!?

Kristi WelchKristi Welch Siloam SpringsPosts: 1Member
I just adopted Stella and she is a year and a half and is having high anxiety issues. When its nice out, I can easily leave her in the backyard and she seems to do fine as long as she doesn't know there's anyone in the house. On snowy or rainy days I've attempted to leave her inside and she would mess with things, go to the bathroom on the floor, and drive my roommates crazy with whining and yipping, thankfully she doesn't destroy our stuff but will mess with it. I have tried leashing her outside and she will literally yip and bark all day. I have also tried crate training which at least she can't destroy our stuff and doesn't potty and I can put her in a room where she doesn't disturb anybody but I know that she is still anxious and has now started messing with the kennel door and is breaking off bars and bending them. Any suggestions??