Severe separation anxiety with our other dog. Please Help!

Taylor LoveTaylor Love AuroraPosts: 1Member
Hello, My boyfriend and I just adopted two beautiful full grown pure-bred black labs, a male and a female. When we asked the previous owner if they had been kept together (since we originally only wanted the male), he told us they had been together for a little while. But it seems that they have, quite possibly, the stongest love bond I have ever seen in dogs. They never leave each others' side, completely inseparable. But here's my issue: it's to the extent that if one is behind a door that the other can't get to - they freak out. Like, go completely ballistic. I can't walk them both at the same time by myself when the boyfriend is at work because I only weigh 115lbs., and they very easily weigh double that put together. Plus, I just found out that I'm pregnant with our first child and am afraid take that risk. They aren't completely leash-trained yet, and still pull. And it's much worse when they're separated. I am at my wit's end with this - any advice would be excellent!