My 6 month old Sheltie is afraid of everything away from home and getting worse. How can I help thi

Is there anything I can do to get him over some of his fearfulness? I have had Chisum since he was 8 weeks old. He has gone to work with me 5 days a week since the beginning. I work in a factory but have my own area where people come and go occasionally everyday. He has always been somewhat timid but now it's going far beyond timid to fear of everything. He will not readily approach anyone but me. He just started trying to run and hide in other factory areas. I have never abused or mistreated him. I love him very much, he is my best friend! I also have a rescued cat at home I've had since a kitten. He was from a stray liter, probably feral. The cat is afraid of everything but me and Chisum. They are best friends. Could some of Chisum's fearfulness be coming from Leo, the cat?