Moving/New Kitten Addition

I have an 11 year old male shorthair who still has a lot of energy and loves to play. We adopted him from the shelter when he was 1 1/2 yrs old and since then he has lived with a female cat who was 3 yrs older and liked to play-fight and sleep with him. Currently he lives with a 7 yr old female who sleeps a lot and they occasionally chase each other. This fall, I am moving to an apartment and taking him with me. I think that he will be lonely cause he's never been the only cat in a household and want to adopt a female half russian blue kitten. Should I adopt the kitten before the move and introduce her to both cats at my parents' house as they will be spending holidays together? How will my cat handle all these changes? Would he be better off staying with my parents and the female he knows?