Any advice for an owner whose pup likes to lay in his pee?

20 week old Newf.He is taken out regularly (sometimes 2-3x times an hour even). He will get taken out and pees (gets praised of course) before I go somewhere, can return after 2 hours, and he will have gone again. He knows why we go outside. He is 110% HEALTHY; cleared by vet just to make sure his behavior wasn't a medical reason. He even did it in front of the vet after she took a urine sample. Cystinuria clear. His water & food intake is regulated, He started out in a large kitchen that was gated; he started to lay in his pee after pee pads were removed (after the 1st week...the 1st and LAST time I will use pee pads). This area he was in was over 10 feet long, but he didn't choose a dry spot to lay when he had an accident. He CHOSE the area where he peed to lay. He is not scolded, and his nose does not get rubbed in it. 5 weeks ago I started crate training in a XL crate with a divider, because laying it in couldn't get any worse than it has already been. Hasn't stopped him