Is my puppy in danger?

I have a 7 month old border collie puppy named Shola, who we desexed about 3 weeks ago. Shola is completely housetrained, so the accidents aren't happening inside which is a good thing (for me) but I'm still quite concerned. For the past few days, Shola has been waking me up at 3-4am every night desperately wanting to go outside and when I do she runs to the grass and urinates. Now this habit has only just started, normay she is very good during the night and never has accidents, she just waits until morning when I get up. Not only is she giving me unwanted morning calls at all hours, but when I take her for walks or to the dog park, she seems to be urinating quite a lot, almost every 3-4 minutes!! When we are around the house she isn't as bad, but her urinating has become quite frequent. I'm worried it could be something along the lines of a urinary tract infection as she does drink a lot of water (but always has). I just want to be 100% sure it's a problem before I take her to a vet because I cannot afford unecessary vet bills. Is this bad? Is it fixable? Or do I need veterinary advice/treatment? Thanks in advance :)

Best Answer

• DeaDea NHPosts: 7,176Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I would have a vet check her out. It does sound like a UTI. If you don't take care of it, it could get really serious. Antibiotics will clear it up. I wouldn't wait. Good Luck!