We Want to Hear From You!

Comments

• FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,628Member ✭✭✭✭

Sandy,,,,
    I will bet good money that slaymadia "helped" that problem. ;) !!
    They did nothing.. they didnt tell the truth to even the people like John and Lori and in some cases even their own staff.
    Enough said.... at least i5/Lumina didnt lie to us. They simply had bigger problems and couldnt help us.. and almost themselves.

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

• PippiPippi Alcoa, TNPosts: 7,639Member ✭✭✭✭✭

@DogsterAdmin said:
    Links to welcome pages on profile

Thanks again, everyone! The links to welcome pages in the profiles is a good idea. I will ask about changing LOL to BOL and MOL for Catster.
    @Pippi — tell me what other breeds I should put in there and I will try this for you!
    @Pippi — go to your profile (click your username) and click the green box with the silhouette of a person. You’ll see a dropdown. Select edit profile to edit your profile!
    To change a photo on your profile, scroll over the photo and you should see a small hyperlinked overlay that reads CHANGE PICTURE. Click on that, scroll to the bottom of the box, and you will find a button for UPLOAD PICTURE!

Has the over-emailing issue been fixed for everyone? It seems like it has but I’m just checking :)

@DogsterAdmin - I have Chihuahua in there and would like to add Miniature Pinscher.

And I think you may have misunderstood my comments about being able to edit posts on my profile. I see how I can edit my profile information, but wasn't needing to do that. I was asking about being able to edit a post I make on my profile page or someone else's. I don't see options for editing those.

And on uploading photos - if I want to post a new photo - new activity on my profile page - I don't see a way to upload one from my computer. I see URL and Image URL, but no Attach File option on Profile pages.

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

Got another request. Would it be possible to be able to pin a post to the top of our profile page?

Pippi (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 23, 2007 - Gotcha Day - November 10, 2007

Cheeky (Chihuahua) - Birthday - October 25, 2007 - Gotcha Day - February 29, 2008

Dutchess (Miniature Pinscher) - Birthday - July 31, 2003 - Gotcha Day - January 28, 2012

(angel) Pixie (Chihuahua) - Birthday - (guestimate) January 1, 2007 - Gotcha Day - June 7, 2011 - Rainbow Bridge - June 2, 2017

• FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,628Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 September, 2017

Pippi.. so sorry..I just tested to see if I could edit a comment of mine on your profile page .. and I couldnt. You may be able to delete it. I was sure there was a way ? My apologies.. but I couldnt test it to see on my own page . You may be able to delete it ?

Admin should be able to delete it if you cannot.

I feel awful now

So much for trying to help you.... sorry ! <3

Totally agree on being able to Pin a post.

Ok.. I think I found a way ? Hover the cursor on the post . A blue circle with an X in it appears.If you hit it (only you can see it and do it ) it deletes the post.

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

edited 22 September, 2017

@Flicka_Lucas_Cleo said:
    Pippi.. so sorry..I just tested to see if I could edit a comment of mine on your profile page .. and I couldnt. You may be able to delete it. I was sure there was a way ? My apologies.. but I couldnt test it to see on my own page . You may be able to delete it ?

Admin should be able to delete it if you cannot.

I feel awful now

So much for trying to help you.... sorry ! <3

Totally agree on being able to Pin a post.

Thanks for testing and trying @Flicka_Lucas_Cleo . I was able to delete the comment. Hopefully we can edit our comments even on profile pages soon.
    >
    Funny. I can get little blue circles with an X on my profile page if I want to delete something, but I can't delete (or edit) my own comment on someone else's profile.

• HersheyHershey San FranciscoPosts: 64,938Member ✭✭✭✭✭

@DogsterAdmin yes, I've stopped getting e-mails about being promoted to Level 3, thank you! BOL!!

Hershey
    My motto: When you're chocolate, life is sweet!

My Welcome Page

Winkie's Welcome Page

Pippi... just relieved you were able to delete the comment !

I couldnt test it on my own or I would have done !

Admin... forgot to say ... yes.. the snowstorm of emails has stopped . Thankyouuuuuuuuu !!!

Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,189Member ✭✭✭✭✭

Sandy aka Thumper
    There is no way to bookmark a "persons/pups" profile page and also no links on the page to go anywhere else. Have to go back to the home page in order to continue

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

@Grace It's wonderful to see them listening and responding. Such a breath of fresh air. I hope my comments/posts here don't come across as complaints, but rather suggestions and requests.

• By the way, I love your signature.

Sandy aka Thumper
    OK major issue with trying to start new threads in a group. I tried 2 separate threads... One went into general discussions and the other went into limbo... Neither one is showing in my group.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Sandy aka Thumper
    Tried again and it just will not add the new "discussion" to the group. Not sure where they are going.
    Also how do you add new members to a private group.?????????

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

edited 23 September, 2017

Sandy aka Thumper.
    I thought one showed in my group but its gone again (sigh)

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Sandy aka Thumper
    OK Could you possibly change where the delete group link is. Currently it is just below the edit group.... that could be bad if someones mouse jiggles while doing some editing

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

@Sandy_Kramer_etc said:
    Tried again and it just will not add the new "discussion" to the group. Not sure where they are going.

@Sandy_Kramer_etc - I think if you own a group or are a leader of a group under the OPTIONS drop down at the top of the group page you can find INVITE MEMBERS.

Hey! I just discovered you can add an icon and banner to a group. Woo-hoo!
    - . . .
    It would be nice to be able to bookmark a group page rather than individual discussions under a group. Or both, but the whole group would be nice.

Is there any place to find out the dimensions for a group banner? What I put up looks like it was enlarged a little to make it fit. I'd like to design something new that is made to fit.

@Pippi said:

@Sandy_Kramer_etc said:

@Sandy_Kramer_etc - I think if you own a group or are a leader of a group under the OPTIONS drop down at the top of the group page you can find INVITE MEMBERS.

Oh your right.... I was so concerned with accidentally hitting the delete button I didn't see the add member button LOL

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

@Pippi said:
    Hey! I just discovered you can add an icon and banner to a group. Woo-hoo!
    - . . .
    It would be nice to be able to bookmark a group page rather than individual discussions under a group. Or both, but the whole group would be nice.

Kramer

Pippi if you click groups on the side of the main page it brings up lists with your groups separated off to one side.... Looks like they are ordered by the most recent visit

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

@Sandy_Kramer_etc said:
    Pippi if you click groups on the side of the main page it brings up lists with your groups separated off to one side.... Looks like they are ordered by the most recent visit

@Sandy_Kramer_etc I can see a list of my groups in the left hand column if I do that, but it is keeping the same order, and the group I am visiting the most doesn't show unless I click on ALL MY GROUPS at the bottom. I like how easily I can find bookmarked discussions, and would love to be able to do the same with a bookmarked group rather than having to go to home, then groups, then all groups and scroll down or a bookmarked discussion and then the group at the top to find out what else is going on in the group. Plus by going to the group page before any discussions I can see if there are any announcements or events on the calendar. Even a link to my groups (all of them) from my profile page would seem a little easier than what I am currently doing.

I just tried to add a new announcement under a group and it's no where to be seen. Not sure if that part is working yet or not. If it is, I have no idea where my announcement went.

• Walker_AlexandriaWalker_Alexandria GoshenPosts: 200,018Member ✭✭✭✭✭

@DogsterAdmin it is great to not get the constant emails about the level 3. I agree about being able to post at the top of your Welcome page. Would be much easier. On the old Dogster I had 4 dogs. On the old Catster I had 9 cats. All my groups from both sides are here so I am just staying on the Dogster side. Things will get better for us all. :smile:

Walker and Alexandria Welcome Page

A hundred hearts would be to few to carry all my love for you.
    Author Unknown

• roscorosco Posts: 53,437Member ✭✭✭✭

First, I want to say THANK YOU for everything being done to test out this site and work out the bugs! :)
    We know it's a lot of work and appreciate the site asking for and addressing our concerns!
    :)

As to bugs, I don't think this has been mentioned yet. My angel kitty, Ætheling, just posted this on the Catster side, I recopied it here:
    One dog and One cat can share the same Email address here.
    Rosco and I each use the same Email address here, because one dog and one cat can share the same Email address, no problem.
    BUT
    We are in the same group, PTLF, and, for those posts which have been posted since Sept 17th, only posts which were posted through Catster appear on Catster, and only posts which were posted through Dogster appear on Dogster, even though we are playing in the SAME thread in the SAME group.
    Dogs and Cats cannot talk to each other, unless they post and read in both Dogster and Catster.
    Same thread, same group.
    As an example, I'll use a public group most of us have posted in:
    http://community.catster.com/discussion/712698/group-sniff-chat/p166
    or
    http://community.dogster.com/discussion/712698/group-sniff-chat/p167

@Pippi said:
    I just tried to add a new announcement under a group and it's no where to be seen. Not sure if that part is working yet or not. If it is, I have no idea where my announcement went.

Kramer
    I just tried one too Pippi and it vanished as well... thinking it went to the same place my test threads for the group went LOL

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

@Pippi said:

@Sandy_Kramer_etc said:

@Sandy_Kramer_etc I can see a list of my groups in the left hand column if I do that, but it is keeping the same order, and the group I am visiting the most doesn't show unless I click on ALL MY GROUPS at the bottom. I like how easily I can find bookmarked discussions, and would love to be able to do the same with a bookmarked group rather than having to go to home, then groups, then all groups and scroll down or a bookmarked discussion and then the group at the top to find out what else is going on in the group. Plus by going to the group page before any discussions I can see if there are any announcements or events on the calendar. Even a link to my groups (all of them) from my profile page would seem a little easier than what I am currently doing.

Kramer

Pippi mom just put the first thread of her groups on her favorites... at least she can get in easy then navigate to the thread that she wants

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

@rosco said:
    First, I want to say THANK YOU for everything being done to test out this site and work out the bugs! :)
    We know it's a lot of work and appreciate the site asking for and addressing our concerns!
    :)

As to bugs, I don't think this has been mentioned yet. My angel kitty, Ætheling, just posted this on the Catster side, I recopied it here:
    One dog and One cat can share the same Email address here.
    Rosco and I each use the same Email address here, because one dog and one cat can share the same Email address, no problem.
    BUT
    We are in the same group, PTLF, and, for those posts which have been posted since Sept 17th, only posts which were posted through Catster appear on Catster, and only posts which were posted through Dogster appear on Dogster, even though we are playing in the SAME thread in the SAME group.
    Dogs and Cats cannot talk to each other, unless they post and read in both Dogster and Catster.
    Same thread, same group.
    As an example, I'll use a public group most of us have posted in:
    http://community.catster.com/discussion/712698/group-sniff-chat/p166
    or
    http://community.dogster.com/discussion/712698/group-sniff-chat/p167

Kramer

This is one case where I would want a sad button... another feature we seem to have lost. :(

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

I suspect Admin might take the weekend of folks.... !! :)
    Just noting that .. they deserve it ! :)

Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

Sandy aka Thumper
    Yeah I suspected the same thing... but hoping he will read all the comments when he gets back BOL

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

Pippi... Group Banner....

Try 1000 x 199 px size

EDIT.. Works nicely !!!

Icon... is 50 x 50

Nothing is the size it looks or the size you measure ! Had to do this by trial and error !

~~~~~~~~~~

In the Announcement bit on the Groups.. it says Important stuff will go here one day so it isnt oprational yet

Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

• CharlieAbbieTotoStarCharlieAbbieTotoStar BurkburnettPosts: 128,070Member ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw where you can add pet's information, but I have more than one.