How much does your german shep eat?

How many pounds of food do you go through a day?
Tagged:

Comments

• XenobiaroseXenobiarose Posts: 4Member
    A month rather sorry
  • Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,897Member ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on age. How much they weigh and what brand of food you are feeding.
    Your best bet is to ask at a pet food store... they can look at the bags and see how much should be fed per day.
    One rule of thumb is the higher the quality of food usually the less you have to feed them.
    And to give you an estimate. My Cattle dog weighs about 55 lbs. she gets 2 (8oz) cups of food per day with a few treats. My Huskey weighs 90 lbs. He gets 4 (8oz) cups, but often times he doesn't eat it all. The Cattle dog on the other paw will eat everything in sight.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,897Member ✭✭✭✭✭

Also keep in mind your dogs activity level.
    A couch potato will not need as much as a dog who is very active or out in the cold a lot. A shepherds activity level would probably be about as much as my husky who is mostly an indoor dog. Unless he is a working dog then he might need a little more

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page