How much to exercise a GSD mix puppy.

Fluffy1893Fluffy1893 Posts: 8Member
Hi all. We recently got a GSD lab mix puppy. He is 15 weeks old. Just wondering how much exercise is too much exercise. Like, playing outside and walking for 2 hours a day. Is that too much?

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,430Member ✭✭✭✭✭

Puppies have lots of energy so they need a lot of exercise.   I would only worry about him getting too much exercise if he starts refusing to go for walks.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• Fluffy1893Fluffy1893 Posts: 8Member
    Ok perfect thank you!! We mentioned to friends that Bradley gets a 30 minute walk in the morning, 30 minutes of backyard play in the afternoon, then an hour walk in the evening, and they were upset because we were "pushing him too much". 
  • Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,430Member ✭✭✭✭✭

Every dog is different... Only you can tell if they are getting too tired.... give him cuddles from us 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• JillJill Posts: 4Member
    I have a dog like that too -- she would play for hours if we let her, but I do think you just have to learn your dogs "signs" for how much is too much. Every dog is so different. When I take Cleo for walks -- I can see physical signs of her getting tired......she will pant very hard and she will start to "drag" one of her legs a bit.....so just play away...then keep an eye out for unique signs your dog my exhibit. If the panting gets out of control I would definitely force a break!