Dog depressed after inury???

Our 4 month old German Shepherd mix got out of his crate yesterday morning. A clean casserole dish was on the stove and he broke it and bit a piece, cutting his lip and tongue. The vet wasn't overly concerned. Said he most likely didn't eat a piece because if he did he would be in a lot more pain. She said he was "sore and pouting". After the vet's yesterday, he drank some water and drank some food. He was obviously a little sore and wanted to sleep, but happy. Today, he is hardly drinking, refusing to eat, and is just not himself. He usually loves our walks and we play in the living room. He kept sitting down on the walk, and lagging behind on the leash, like he didn't want to be near us. He doesn't even want us to pet him and acts scared of us now. Is it possible he blames us for his injury...or is something else going on???

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,698Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would take him to the vet and get an x-ray... maybe he did swallow a piece of the dish.  

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• Fluffy1893Fluffy1893 Posts: 8Member
    We did end up taking him to the vet for an X-ray. He didn't swallow anything luckily, but he did have 3 cuts, 2 on his lip and 1 on his tongue. It took a few days but he is back to his normal self now. I guess he was just in pain and being emotional about it.
  • Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,698Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    So glad he is doing better... give him a cuddle from us 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page