Training

cleo0892cleo0892 Posts: 1Member
Ive just got an american bulldog x pitbull and shes not house trained can someone please give me some advice because nothing is working. Shes 8 months old so she should be trained by now but i think she was mistreated before i got her because she is VERY timid. If i have something in my hand and i go to stroke her just gets really scared or if im holding something in the air. She keeps urinating when shes excited or when shes being told off but sometimes if i call her over to me she starts lying on the floor as if shes scared and then she just urinates again. She doesnt even know basic commands. Shes not normal for an 8 month old in my opinion. What do i do?!?!?!?!

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,189Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely sounds like she was abuse.  Duchess was like that when we got her, afraid of everything.  First of all you need to be patient.  Do not scold her for her accidents.   When she does come up to you without peeing on the floor give her lots of praise.  When you try calling her.. Have a treat.  Again praise her if she comes up and does not pee.  It will take several months for her to trust you so again you have to be patient.  You may have to confine her to areas that will not be an issue if she has accidents til she starts learning to trust you 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born