Houbreaking 6 month old Jack Russell

bravefan76bravefan76 Posts: 1Member
I have a 6 month old Jack female named Zoey.  She is having some issues with housebreaking.  If I take her out, she will go.  I have a dog door so she has access to the fenced backyard.  Sometimes she will go there, but given the chance, she goes in my son's room under his bed.  At Mom's house, she will  go to the door and ask to go out but not always. Sometimes she just pees on the floor.  I don't understand why if she has access to outside why she still goes inside.

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,522Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 June, 2018
    It might be that you are not being consistent with her training, or that she is afraid of the doggy door.   You may simply want to try to make sure to take her out often enough and praise her every time she goes outside til she understands that outside is the only place she is allowed to go 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born