Pets skin

donna005donna005 Posts: 1Member
my dog has had a skin problem now for about a year , doctor cannot seem to figure why. I changed his food to a no grain product. He does have a thyroid issue discovered at the beginning of this skin issue on medication now. It was bad then got better now worse than ever , they are appearing now in more areas. It's like crusty and dandruffy and I comb the Area and the hair comes. I bathe him once every 2 weeks comb the areas often to get rid of what seems to be dead skin crust. I do not believe it bothers him at all. The vet even shaved a couple spots and applied cream but now months later coming back in those spots also.
Does anyone know or have dealt with this before. Pictures attached 

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,698Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be a lot of things, try using coconut oil on the effected areas.   It has lots of health benefits and if he licks it, it won't hurt him.   You could also try adding some fish oil to his diet but go slow with it, so that it does not upset his tummy 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born