A sad situation

Where to start here..... I guess I can start by saying I was given a sick dog to adopt that then died. Its been a hard week to be polite about it, and now on top of that trauma the lady who gave me the dog to adopt is blaming me for the pups death when the causes have been proven to be lack of proper vet care and malnutrition ( Stella was tiny when I got her and I was afraid to even leave her alone ) but she doesn't want to take responsibility for her part. I've been accused of everything from misfeeding to poisoning a 6wk old puppy and all because my doctor told me I needed this animal and needed to be able to train it to be a PSD since that was the more affordable option for me. I feel numb.... this was a rescue... this is my only experience with one and I don't like it at all. Stella died on Sept 14th at 1:30 pm I scrubbed everything down and cleaned, and threw everything that couldn't be cleaned away.I am beyond heartbroken.... and am now considering going without a PSD the last few days have been rough.. rough to the point that I don't even wish to get out of bed to do anything besides using the bathroom. 

I am seriously considering saying F---- It and not adopting at all and limping along as I have for the past 5 years dealing with PTSD.  Part of me thinks that I should have done something to save her.... even if she had tick fever.... and another part thinks I am beyond dumb for thinking I could even do this. I am afraid that this lady may blacklist me from adopting at all even tho this wasn't my fault. I don't know what to do. 

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,969Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't give up.   Find a reputable shelter or rescue.  One that will allow you to take the dog to the vet before you make the final decision on whether to adopt or not.   Or better yet one that has an on site vet though those are rare.    Many hugs to you adopting a pet should be a fun and happy experience for both you and the pet.   

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• Walker_AlexandriaWalker_Alexandria GoshenPosts: 206,730Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree! Don't give up! Keep searching and you will find another place. Check them out real good. I am very sorry for what happened to you and the precious pup.

Walker and Alexandria Welcome Page

A hundred hearts would be to few to carry all my love for you.
    Author Unknown