How do you guys deal with leaving your pets alone when you are away?

Mane_ghMane_gh Posts: 3Member
I'm always worried to leave my dog home alone. He gets stressed and is always lazy. I'm afraid he'll get overweight one day. How do you deal with that?
Tagged:

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,514Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may not be the solution you want...But I have found it is always best to have 2 or even 3 dogs that get along well in the family.   They keep each other company when you are away.. And they are less likely to gain weight because they will play more.    Otherwise a doggy day care even once or twice a week might help if  or a dog walker who can come in for a walk on a daily basis . 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• Mane_ghMane_gh Posts: 3Member
    Yeah i've been thinking about getting the second dog, but i'm so busy at work, i would like to give them my love and not just leave one more dog home alone
  • Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,514Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it is something to consider.   

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• Mane_ghMane_gh Posts: 3Member
    Yeah, definitely. I've seen some robots recently. do you know something about them? ARe they worth using for my dog?
  • keanaikeanai Posts: 2Member
    Exercise your dog when you are at home. 
  • keanaikeanai Posts: 2Member
    And feed your dog in proportion with their activity. 

Two dogs will not play with each other all day. 

Your dog isn't dying of loneliness.

Give your dog something to chew, a place to sleep on and your dog will be just fine. 
  • mrgrtt123mrgrtt123 Posts: 6Member
    Maybe you can ask a friend to take good care of your dog while you are away.
    I usually leave my dog for only a couple of hours and since Big is train all he will do is wait for me, play around, sleep, and eat. Why not invest in one of these automatic feeders and waterer? It can help a lot especially when you are away, but then again you need to teach him how to use it.