Any advice? Dog off leash provoked my dogs while i was walking them onleash

I was walking my two pitbulls like I do all the time on my street . They have been around children and all types of animals since they were puppies have never been aggressive. In fact they were around my friends dogs the weekend before. I see my neighbors door open and her boxer run Out of her house directly charging us . I froze . I didn't want to start running in fear that it would chase us. the dog runs up right into my dogs faces immediately a dogfight . At this point they are all 3 fighting. Because of all the chaos And being an animal lover i try to break it up. My male dog let’s go and then it is just the two female dogs . It finally gets broken up . At this point we called animal control and they come out and do a report. That dog charged at me and my dogs! My dogs were Provoked or protecting me . They did not know this dog and it came up so fast not in a friendly manner. The boxer did go to the vet and treated so did my dogs. My neighbor wants me to pay for their vet bill! And suing me!! I was doing was walking my dogs on a leash. Now because their dog was injured because my dogs reacted to a loose dog coming after me. Who is at fault? I hired a lawyer he did nothing .. and wanted to charge me more so I fired him now I have a pd who isn’t that good . Animal control seems to be siding with them bc yes the dog had injuries but I kno my dogs could have killed him plus there were two ... the dog came charging at me and my so  ... provoked ? Yes protecting yes? They want to have them deemed dangerous which will cost me about &4K so with the 3,500 latest and 8k for them suing this dog fight cost me 15k ... I didn’t go to court yet so I’m hoping I won’t lose the case .. this has been he worst time of my life 😞any advice ? 

Less 

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,513Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talk to Animal control.   If their dog was not on their property and not leashed they they should have as least some of the responsibility.  Also talk to their neighbors to see if the dog is often off leash and out of their yard.   

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• JoelleJoelle Posts: 6Member
    U have no idea how many inconsistencies there are .. I could right a book! I just hope the judge see Thru their lies ... and animal control is ALL HERESAY 
  • JoelleJoelle Posts: 6Member
    And first AC officer agreed with me. But when the supervisor was called he just wrote the report restating their story.... I have faith .. and truly believe the truth will come out . Either way I’ll get them back it’s just not fair I should have to pay 15 k !!!! CRAZY FOR THEIR NEGLIGENCE 😡
  • Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,513Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    (* Hugs *)... Karma will catch up with them.. but so sorry that you have to go through this 

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page

• dogmomcassiedogmomcassie Posts: 7Member
    I highly recommend doing the same thing (speaking to nearby neighbors) and find out if the dog has a habit of being loose.... Instead of contacting animal control you should of called the police.

Reported there being a lose dog who had attacked your dogs . We have leash laws to protect our dogs from getting hit by vehicles and us from being lunged at or attacked by a dog. 

There are leash laws everywhere they should be fined the situation sounds a little ridiculous.