Goodbye to my sweet Chloe

BrianKatesBrianKates Posts: 1Member

The following is a letter I wrote to my wife yesterday afternoon after we received a call that our 5 year old Jack Russell Terrier mix ran out in front of a car and was struck and killed by a vehicle.

Chrissy, what we both found out today was both heartbreaking and shocking. I imagined Chloe growing old with us as the kids got older but the way we picture things do no always happen as we want them to. We gave Chloe a good life, a great life. A life as a puppy she didn't know she would have while she was stuck in the dumpster on a cold rainy night in oxford. Luckily, me and you (brand new in our relationship) went to the shelter and we saw and instantly were drawn too a little "calm and quiet" dog that  tested us on what parenting would be like in a few short years. Chloe was a great dog and will always be and she is now free to be her rambunctiously Chloe like self and eat carpet, toilet paper and do her looking across the room thing she always did before she did something bad. She can spread out on a queen size bed all by herself (and still not being satisfied with as much room she has). I love you Chrissy and it hurts me to write this but it makes me happy to think of what Chloe is and will forever be to us which is the beginning point of our relationship that showed both of us we could come together and love another being besides each other and that we could do it together.

Chloe Abigail Cinnamon Hutter Kates will always be our baby. Though she is gone too soon, the greatest beings in life always seem to go too soon. It happens maybe because of the impact that they had on others in their life, regardless of the time they were here and they accomplished what was set out for them to show us or do.  Or it maybe because God wanted her all to himself and he wanted a little cinnamon angel dog to walk with him in heaven. No matter the reason, I cherished all our memories with her and I know you did too. It will be tough and there will be more tears for both of us, but we will get through this together. Because Chloe taught us that together we could do it in the past and now because of what she showed we could do 5 years ago, we know we will do it again, together, not only for us, but for Chloe.

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,690Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMD... I am so so sorry for your loss. She looked like she was well loved.   Losing a pet is as hard as losing any family member..Don't let anyone tell you any differently.    Many hugs to you and your family.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

• Steve_GreenSteve_Green CrystalPosts: 73,140Member ✭✭✭
    OMD... I am so so sorry for your loss. She looked like she was well loved.   Losing a pet is as hard as losing any family member..Don't let anyone tell you any differently.    Many hugs to you and your family.
    Yes, what Sandy_Kramer_etc said.

Cherish the happy memories!  That, along with time, is the antidote you need.  And perhaps, when it feels right, another dog who would appreciate a furever home as Chloe did.