Harry the rescue - cushings disease

Priscilla GaylePriscilla Gayle IrvingPosts: 1Member
We have been fighting this disease for 6 months and some days are good; some are bad.  My dilemma is that the longer this goes one, Harry changes in body form and temperament.  He sleeps a lot now, pants a lot when awake, and is hungry all the time - all part of the disease.  This is an 18 -24 month cycle and of course, the end is worse for him other than the loss and tears us as pet parents have to experience. I know we can shorten the time by putting him down at the vet when we get to that point, but was wondering if anyone had experienced at 'in-home'euthanasia or done it themselves.  I just don't want to take him to vet office and 'drop' him off!  Any advice recommendations would be appreciated
Tagged:

Comments

• Sandy_Kramer_etcSandy_Kramer_etc BangorPosts: 108,969Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many vets will do it at home.  We have been fortunate enough to not have to choose.   If possible do it in a place that he loves.

No Longer Lost BOL

Sandy aka Thumper
    Sandy's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born

Kramers-Corner
    Kramer's Archived page
    We celebrate my birthday and Gotcha Day on Jan 3 though we do not know when I was born