How do your multiple Chis get along?

Bunny_PrincesseLilyCGNBunny_PrincesseLilyCGN bathurstPosts: 9,421Member ✭✭✭
edited 17 October, 2009 in Chihuahua
I have been bitten by the Chi bug:D I watch Princess all curled up in her bed and think maybe she would like a little Chi pal to snuggle with. When I walk her , I think wouldnt 2 be more fun than one? I thought about maybe a Papillon, but then I realized that the other dogs I would like some day ( and my other current dog, Bunny) are quite demanding and Princess is quite a respite from that. Not to mention that there seem to be so many ( in some areas ) on petfinder. I am just afraid that the reality wouldnt fit my pretty picture. What if they hate each other? Especially since I think I would prefer another female because in my climate , litter training is almost a given and I dont fancy a male marking a litter box. How do your multiple Chis get along?

Comments

• Deanie McGuiganDeanie McGuigan WilmingtonPosts: 1,793Member
    edited 13 October, 2009
    We have three chihuahuas and it can be very misleading to think ALL chis are alike, mine definitely are not! While Harley and Tippi are really laidback and easy going, Lila Rae is a ball of fun, energy, and play. They get along great, but when Tippi and Harley have had enough of Lila Rae, they let he know. I really do think they feel like they are chi sisters or something.. it's very cute. I love having more than one chi, but don't forget that ALL chis are different and have their own personalities! Best of luck :-h
  • Bunny_PrincesseLilyCGNBunny_PrincesseLilyCGN bathurstPosts: 9,421Member ✭✭✭
    edited 14 October, 2009
    Lila Rae, I do know that, and its one of the fun things about Chis:D I prefer adult dogs so I would know what I am getting into when the time comes ;)
  • Deanie McGuiganDeanie McGuigan WilmingtonPosts: 1,793Member
    edited 16 October, 2009
    I agree. If you are getting an adult, then you'll know how the two act. :-h
  • Holly WareHolly Ware BirminghamPosts: 1,316Member
    edited 17 October, 2009
    Eek, Princess, I understand. All I want is one little dog and one big dog, but Toby needs a playmate now, so what do you do? Its a tricky issue.