Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

Hair on back not lying flat

Jamie NavarroJamie Navarro Posts: 1Member
edited 28 November, 2009 in Australian Shepherd
I know aussies can have wavy or straight hair, but my guy\'s hair on his back is WILD. Every aussie I see their hair is at least lying against their body. Any tips to get it to lie flat? I brush him often and it doesn\'t really help. Water only helps until it dries...

Comments

• Caitlin JonesCaitlin Jones Posts: 1,317Member
    edited 22 November, 2009
    Hmms, he looks like either a puppy or his coat is growing out. I would say probably the best option would be just to let it grow longer. When I got Angel his coat was trimmed down to a puppy cut because when the shelter got him he was matted. His hair was (and is a bit, lol) doing all sorts of crazy stuff while it grew out. At one point no matter how I put on his collar, it would make the fur on his neck spike out like a sea urchin :))! Now that his coat is getting longer its getting a little tamer looking. Hope it helped!
  • Leanne ZarasLeanne Zaras Posts: 20Member
    edited 26 November, 2009
    mommy and I are gonna have to agree with Angel... don't fight it... just let it grow out. WOOF!
  • Sherry BodinSherry Bodin Hood CanalPosts: 2,746Member
    edited 28 November, 2009
    Maggie still has crazy coat, but it is something I have learned to love about her. Not much you can do other than to hope that as his adult comes in fully (which can take almost 2 full years) and starts to lay flat.