Hi chi lovers!

Tina DukTina Duk ZagrebPosts: 11Member
edited 14 February, 2010 in Chihuahua
I just wanted to say hi to all of you.I'm new here on this forum and i like it very much. My Chica is 7 month old...she's very pretty girl...already good friend to my 2 daughters, my husband and me.. I'm from Croatia, Europe and i'm very sorry that i can't adopt any dog from America who need new home....i would like to do that very much. Here is just possible to buy a Chi what is very expensive....and you have so many dogs that need help. Maybe something will change soon...i hope it will.

Comments

• themisfitbenji1themisfitbenji1 Posts: 6,990Member ✭✭✭
    edited 22 January, 2010
    Hi, Chica! Welcome to Dogster! I'm the proud parent of a corgi mix, an APBT and a sheltie mix but... I also dwell with three chihuahua mixes. They're great little dogs. I understand your desire to rescue. There are so many dogs that need homes one day! Do you have a local shelter? I imagine chis get snatched up fast there, though, huh? They do in many places here, too. Especially in my area. Chihuahuas in my city don't stay in the pound or shelter that long. I hope you enjoy it here. There's a lot of great, smart people. And, even better, a lot of cute chihuahuas! ~b~
  • Tina DukTina Duk ZagrebPosts: 11Member
    edited 22 January, 2010
    Hi Precious! We have many shelters here....usually full with dogs...but no chihuahuas....we live in a big city, biggest in my country, but in a small flat so that's why i would like to adopt a chihuahua...as you can see on my profile i have another dog at home...he's pretty big so the size of dog which i want to rescue and adopt is very important...:) as i said before....maybe someday i will be able to rescue one of many chis without family at your country....i know that the major part of a problem is a long flight between our countries...so if any of you have some "friend with the friend in Europe" and could get me a chi here i would be glad...anytime...;c;
  • Jack's PackJack's Pack AustinPosts: 4,608Member ✭✭
    edited 14 February, 2010
    It's GOOD that there aren't homeless Chihuahuas in your area. In the southern United States, there's a Chihuahua overpopulation epidemic. There are simply more Chihuahuas being produced than there are homes for, resulting in many being killed in our shelters. Sadly, these dogs' lives could be spared if only they were imported to areas where there is less supply than demand.