Help Help Is my Chihuahua a Long Hair or how do you call it?

Adriana RuedaAdriana Rueda Posts: 2Member
edited 2 April, 2010 in Chihuahua
Hello there I just want to ask you My Cami, is a one year old mixed Pomeranian with Chichuahua, is there a specific name for that breed or is just a Chihuahua Long Hair? Thanks a lot!!!!

Comments

• Bunny_PrincesseLilyCGNBunny_PrincesseLilyCGN bathurstPosts: 9,421Member ✭✭✭
    edited 4 March, 2010
    Well, if you were a purebred Chihuahua , you would be a long haired one. Since you are a mix of two breeds , you are a mixed breed:) Some people call a Chihuahua/Pomeranian mix a Chi-Pom or a Pom-Chi. You sure are cute whatever you want to be called:D
  • Stephanie PykeStephanie Pyke OmahaPosts: 1,372Member
    edited 4 March, 2010
    We think our foxxy is a pomeranian chihuahua mix, but she is a rescue so we can't be sure. one thing I know is that every long hair'ed chi I have ever seen still does not match the fluffiness of my dog, which is why the mystery persists. The smooth coated chihuahua is the short coat. The long coated one tends to have feathering on the legs and ears with a fluffy tail. The hair around the neck tends to be fluffy too, giving them a mane, but the hair on their backs tends to be shorter. I have also noticed that more long haired chis than smooth coated ones have a tail that curles fully over the back rather than the more traditional sickle tail. Foxxy has a sickle tail. But no, a long haired chi is a coat type within the breed itself.
  • Adriana RuedaAdriana Rueda Posts: 2Member
    edited 25 March, 2010
    Thanks a lot! Chi- pom, that whas the name i was looking for, a vet told me chi-pu and I did not think that was correct. ty Camila.
  • Susan KuretskiSusan Kuretski Ft. LauderdalePosts: 6Member
    edited 2 April, 2010
    You look just like me, adn I am a long haired chi! Are you sure you are a mix?