The NEW DOGSTER-Luv It!

Comments

• Lya AshleyLya Ashley SmethportPosts: 5,878Member
    edited 27 May, 2010
    At first I wasn't too sure about the changes. Now after playing with it a bit - it's alright. It is easier to read the forums - us old people need the bigger fonts. But overall nothing to go ga-ga about. But we still don't understand why it was changed in the first place. Were there THAT many complaints? :?
  • Nena SchvaneveldtNena Schvaneveldt West Valley CityPosts: 9,306Member
    edited 27 May, 2010
    I'd like the "my family" pictures to be a bit bigger... or at least have the ability to fit my dog's long name under it. Poor Mississipp... just one letter too long!
  • Evelyn CummingsEvelyn Cummings Posts: 11,879Member
    edited 27 May, 2010
    Turner... it would be easier to read the forums if the font wasn't colored and lost in the page... at least in the listings page, that is. That pale green is totally lost if the room is at all bright or your monitor isn't brand new LCD... it's like those old eye test things to see if you are colorblind... gee, maybe I AM colorblind??????????
  • Virginia WiningerVirginia Wininger SummervillePosts: 47,633Member
    edited 27 May, 2010
    So sad, I actually had to SEARCH to find the Dog of the day and diary of the day. Those are honors, they should be in plain sight and the first thing you see when you log on. I think the Community homepage should be the homepage after you have logged on. I can't see on this stark white, I keep having to rub my eyes. The grass is wierd, I don't like it. Overall I am very unimpressed :-/
  • Linda ArceriLinda Arceri BridgeportPosts: 735Member
    edited 27 May, 2010
    I can\'t even see after awhile because of the white being so bright!
  • Linda WoodyLinda Woody Posts: 299Member
    edited 27 May, 2010
    Mostly, I miss the welcome to my doggies- and Dogster: For The Love Of Dogs. Where is that? If I wanted an informational page about animals, I\'d log in elsewhere, and ask a question- like the \"Guests\" do. To me and my dogs, this was a friends place, where dogggies could gather, and support the sick and the ones who were close to passing and the new dog owners. It felt like family. Oh, btw, I tried to post \"The New Dogster- YUK\" and it disappeared. No big surprise. HQ, if you don\'t care about our business and buying zealies- Well, just keep this up. I will say, in the last few days, you\'ve fixed some stuff- but I think other members would agree, we want back the page we loved. Up to you, HQ. This new format is cold and impersonal. It\'s like reading an advertisment, not belonging to a community anymore. Oh I\'m so sad about this. Truly. What happiness to log on and see \"Hello, Sammy, Vinnie and Casey\" Gone. Sadly. I can;t seem to stop, but whatever happened \"For The Love of Dog?\" We all agree, you must have hired a 5 year old to come up with this. Could it possibly be a child of a Dogster Employee? After this comment, I am so sure we\'ll be kicked off. We\'ll get over it.
  • Teddy RheingoldsTeddy Rheingolds San FranciscoPosts: 1,743Member
    edited 27 May, 2010
    Hi all, I hope you saw the first round of changes to the Community page. You can see all pet photos and Dog of Day/Week and Diary are much higher. There are a number of items that will be coming soon after that. Vinnie, we hear every word you are saying. We definitely did not remove a post, is it still not there? We're going to keep working on this change. The old version of the site was made in 2004 and used a lot of technologies that were already very outdated. We now have a site that can serve all browsers. (No on probably realizes that 4% of our visitors are using phones to access the site and that number is growing quickly) So it's our utmost goal to get all the places you love to be more like you want them to be. We'll be hustling to get it there. Woofs! Ted @ HQ
  • marilynn jeffersonmarilynn jefferson CypressPosts: 30,433Member
    edited 27 May, 2010
    We find it hard to navigate...doesn\'t seem very user friendly. do like the grass, but like Vinnie we hate not being greeted \"hello Ellie & Helga\". We liked that...this is our site...not mom\'s, Why does it say hello to her???? Small thing maybe...but made mom smile when she saw it each time she logged in. We know things change....and change is hard. Hoping it is made a bit more user friendly. And....Please say Hi to us pups.....without us mom would not be here!!! Thank you Mr. Ted for listening :-h:-h Ellie & Helga
  • t youngt young Posts: 14,751Member
    edited 27 May, 2010
    If I could change only one thing it would be the bright white background. Like all the others said it hurts the eyes. Can the new technology bring the old colour scheme back and un-sod the lawn? Pretty please?
  • Dale PageDale Page Posts: 36,728Member
    edited 28 May, 2010
    :-k H & E ! I agree....this is my and Clover's site...not Mumma's... stomps paws ...she can go and play somewhere else! The only other thing is...I am not fond of the Barkboard...I don't want to go to every pup's page every time to see an update...sometimes you just need to read the latest diary entry because you follow that particular pup all the time:-k:-k HQ???????? THIS new stuff works horribly on my Barkberry!!!::o::o::o
  • Mary FataMary Fata Oakland Gardens/BaysidePosts: 2,740Member
    edited 28 May, 2010
    I agree with Troop. I would rather see the old logo and the old colors than the new ones. Keep the new technology, just also keep the old look, layout etc.
    edited 28 May, 2010
    PS...why is the dog of the day on the small orange Community tab different than the one when you go to the Community Homepage?
  • John VarsJohn Vars MinnetristaPosts: 1,016Member
    edited 28 May, 2010
    Tucker, The Dog of the Day being different on the Community Tab vs the Community page is an issue we are working on right now. Thanks for all the comments, good and bad. We are listening and working hard to make improvements. Thanks for your patience! We know this can be a frustrating process for you all. John @ HQ
    edited 28 May, 2010
    Thanks John. When I see the old colors of the site, I get happy. Dogster is my favorite website. And my mom's too.
    edited 28 May, 2010
    Thanks John. When I see the old colors of the site, I get happy. Dogster is my favorite website. And my mom's too.
  • Teddy RheingoldsTeddy Rheingolds San FranciscoPosts: 1,743Member
    edited 28 May, 2010
    Some changes/fixes just went live: * Homepage autologin bug is fixed * IE7 users now always see the whole Community tab at all times * IE7 users see whole community page * Some obscured links have been made obvious again * We put a small but sincere "For the love of dog!" on the Community Homepage Many many more fixes/updates to come: * Making grass more fun (and yes, we'll be changing background image often) * Making text on white pages easier to read * Better fonts for FF PC and IE PC. * And about another 25. too many to write Also I want people that customize their pet pages and groups to know that we worked very closely with Pawsome Pages people to make sure that most of the original embed and tweaks still work exactly the same. If you go to any furiends page with custom headers and fonts you'll still see them Also all the custom buttons we're updated to work on the new site and it will also change you top bar and footer area to that color. Just go to custom buttons in your pets admin account links to set your own! Ted @ HQ Oh yeah? Is everypaw loving the free BBQ Picnic! It's our little long weekend thanks to everyone for being such great members!
  • FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,665Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 May, 2010
    Waves........... HQ.. got a tiny prob..... LOL "Also all the custom buttons we're updated to work on the new site and it will also change you top bar and footer area to that color. Just go to custom buttons in your pets admin account links to set your own!" I cannot after nearly 12 hrs trying get some of them to work and do that. Just one.. and there are more.. is the soft pansy Some do that.. some dont.... and if its just me ..ok.. but I have tried and tried. I have tried every variation... every pratfall possible I have worked on.. but I CANNOT get them all to work The berry red and rust and the very bright pink.. no prob The more subtle one.. exact same test page exact same code.. NOPE John and Ted.. you know I help out in Pawsome and I need to know if I am at fault or just going crazy here !! and thank... you know I mean that !! The tweeks are coming along GREAT Help pleaseeeeeeeee !

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

• FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,665Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 May, 2010
    Part 2 !! HQ I have an answer from Dakota in Pawsome where I posted too ''..... Yes. PJ and Callie Jean are working on it. All of the colors need re-coded and it is going to take some time. There are a lot of colors to get to, so please have patience. When your color gets got to, it will show up correctly.....'' Seems Ted may be a tad pre-emptive on the ... ''they are all done'' It isnt a problem... I am just glad I wasnt being as dumb as I thought I was !!!!! Grinsss

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

• Melanie ElmoreMelanie Elmore TupeloPosts: 6,455Member
    edited 28 May, 2010
    Thanks HQ! We're very glad that you are so willing to listen and help! Thanks for fixing these problems so quickly!|:||:|
  • Nicole DenleyNicole Denley ChattanoogaPosts: 17,597Member
    edited 28 May, 2010
    I'm liking it, too.;c; It's getting pretty neat!
  • Peggy SmithePeggy Smithe Long IslandPosts: 735Member ✭✭
    edited 29 May, 2010
    Hey HQ, Thanks for the free Bar-B-Q! I love all them burgers! Hope you get the community bar fixed real soon.. All day today it was a real pain. It wouln't open most of the time and then when it did finally open a couple of times, the add blocked it again! I use IE.
    edited 29 May, 2010
    Princess, The Community bar is still not working for you? Sorry! What version of IE are you using? We will figure this out as soon as we can. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience. John @ HQ
  • Gloria HoeftGloria Hoeft Posts: 32,530Member ✭✭
    edited 29 May, 2010
    I know there\'s still some fleas, but I really love the new look ! Thanks so much dogster |:||:||:|
  • Melanie ElmoreMelanie Elmore TupeloPosts: 6,455Member
    edited 29 May, 2010
    I think we're finally getting used to it! Thanks fur the free meats HQ!=;
    edited 29 May, 2010
    Thanks a lot for your words of support and encouragement. It means a lot! Still working hard.
  • Kennetta BrousseauKennetta Brousseau The Back 40Posts: 36,503Member
    edited 29 May, 2010
    =;Thanks for the FREE meatz.... Know HQ worked really hard on the site changes. Sure, with a little time, we will figure it all out. So, it doesn\'t take so much time to navigate from 1 thing to the next. The changes are Probably a little more difficult for us older people without alot of PC skills???? I LOVE Dogster in general...So, I\'ll just keep working on finding everything. Do appreciate all the tips that have been posted..... |$||$||$|
  • Rhon BrenzaRhon Brenza ChicagoPosts: 2,773Member
    edited 29 May, 2010
    Had some trouble getting the Community bar to work today... using Safari on a Mac (at work) :-$ and had no problems yesterday. Had to go back to Main Homepage three times before Community would respond. Seriously, would you PLEASE give some thought to moving the scroll over ads to the RIGHT side of the screen???? Whenever I go for my scroll bar I get the ad :(( popping up and covering EVERYTHING :(( I know that\'s one clever marketing ploy to get the ads to POP and register a HIT, but to us loyal, longtime, (crabby & aging) Dogsters, it\'s truly SUPER ANNOYING!!! (sorry for shouting--hearing\'s going too) :))!
  • Rhon BrenzaRhon Brenza ChicagoPosts: 2,773Member
    edited 29 May, 2010
    see how old.... I meant please move the scroll over ads to the LEFT side of the screen.... :))!:))!:))! now that you have room there for them over there :D
  • Tod KnudsenTod Knudsen MovillePosts: 3,793Member
    edited 29 May, 2010
    It is so slow, it takes a long time for things to come up and get around on the sight. Sorry I do not care for it so far.
  • Cassie RCassie R Posts: 7,413Member
    edited 29 May, 2010
    We are having too many Dogster service errors on here! We liked to old Dogster better than this one.