The NEW DOGSTER-Luv It!

Comments

• Renee SedingerRenee Sedinger Fort CollinsPosts: 374Member ✭✭
    edited 30 May, 2010
    Love the free treats!!! Always fun --- still having a hard time finding our way around. Our biggest complaint--- We miss being greeted instead of mom--if we wanted her to be the focus we would have had her set up a Facebook page!!
  • FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,665Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 May, 2010
    Community button was hit and miss today John... It had sorted out yesterday and no ad over the top.. and worked each time. Today .. occasionally today.. it plain didnt work.. and also had pesky ad over top on some functions. Yes I use IE7 .. NO I dont want to change to IE8 for at least 5 more years when THEY scrub the fleas out of that !! Thankyou.....I know you arent having a fun time !!

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

• Linda ArceriLinda Arceri BridgeportPosts: 735Member
    edited 30 May, 2010
    HQ or Ted that add keeps popping up on my Community page and then I can't get to places I want to go to like my account. Can you give me any info on if Instant Messages will be coming back or not? I hardly have contact with my girlfriend Haley Belle any more. But thanks for the hard work. I feel so bad complaining like this guys. Hugs, Charlie
  • Linda ArceriLinda Arceri BridgeportPosts: 735Member
    edited 30 May, 2010
    Ted I noticed a lot of people complaining about lack of color & others saying they like it well what if you took 3-4 light colors & white & gave people the choice of the color they wanted! left the print big like it is & leave the box & all alone put back "welcome dogs name" and put back Intant Messages? But I don't work with computers buddy but you do you could probably figure something like that out. Let me know what you think? Hugs, Charlie
  • Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
    edited 30 May, 2010
    "We are having too many Dogster service errors on here! We liked to old Dogster better than this one." True, but that is to be expected whenever you try something new. It'll get finetuned with time, just keep telling them what you'd like to see and mistakes that are occurring. HQ's doing a great job listening to the community when it comes to that.
  • Lindsay WalkerLindsay Walker Posts: 27,783Member
    edited 31 May, 2010
    ;c; I love it!! Looks more pawfessional, more directed towards information which will hopefully bring more pups to Dogser for us to play with!! There's been a couple lil glitches but nothing serious and I know it'll all get worked out soon. Overall love it, just the look alone is so much better. Thanks HQ! ;c;
  • Peggy SmithePeggy Smithe Long IslandPosts: 735Member ✭✭
    edited 31 May, 2010
    [email protected] Thanks for responding John! I have IE8. The main page doesn\'t always open up, just tried it now a couple of times and fleas! and now it doesn\'t work in this forum either. It doesn\'t open at all when I am on \'Friends of Princess\' pages, and can only see half of it when on The Vet Blog, Adoption pages,Love of Dog Blog, or my own page. Wouln\'t it be easier just to move that dumb ad down a bit? Also, is their any way to see All of my pals pages, now called \'Friends of Princess\' (I liked the old title better) other then always having to go back to my page and click on \'see all my pup pals\' when I want to pawmail or send a gift? I can\'t seem to find a link any where else. That link should be in the community home page too. I know that the Recent Pal Activity & Recent Corral has some of them, but not ALL of them. Thanks for listening. Prin-cess :)
  • Linda WoodyLinda Woody Posts: 299Member
    edited 31 May, 2010
    %:D% Ted and John @HQ. Thanks for the BBQ- hope we can still buy hamburger rosettes after. Currently, we're using IE8, and seems to work okay- we are getting a MAC next time, though. We're not having ads block our pages as yet. (Or as much) Just one thing, WE like being greeted, not our human. As Randi said, if we wanted that, Mom would go to Facebook, or another human site. No, this is OUR site, and we feel left out when you greet our human. Once again, thanks for the "upgrades"- we know you're still working on them- but greet US, not our humans, please. :qThis is for US, not our humans. Otherwise, this will become just another "human social network"- precicely why our human didn't want that. Thank you for your consideration. Seriously.
  • John VarsJohn Vars MinnetristaPosts: 1,016Member
    edited 31 May, 2010
    Thanks for all the updates. We definitely will be working hard this week to get things working better for everyone - esp the community bar. Is the greeting on the community page better now? I added back in the fun greetings for the dogs. John @ HQ
  • Dale PageDale Page Posts: 36,728Member
    edited 31 May, 2010
    |$||$||$||$| Everything is turning out really well|$||$||$||$| I love having the greetings back...and the Barkboard is working well!...and...and!! Thanks HQ!!!
  • Charlotte VenableCharlotte Venable SpringdalePosts: 2,450Member
    edited 31 May, 2010
    I hate it, hate it, hate it. It's ugly and looks like any just about every other website out there. It's all about the graphics and the ads, not about the dogs. Sad, sad day for us old Dogsters. The site we know and love is dead. :((
  • Barbara LambertBarbara Lambert OrlandoPosts: 18,671Member ✭✭
    edited 31 May, 2010
    My greeting is still the same...unless I'm missing something. Where is the new greeting supposed to be? :? Ohhhh...wait a minute! Are we talking about those cute sayings above my family's pics on the community homepage? I love those! =; I really like that they change every time I go back to that page....although I'm sure they'll start repeating eventually. That's OK, though. There can't be an endless supply of those things! :)) Took me a few looks to figure out why there was always a comma at the end, but I get it now! Still hoping to see a change in the main greeting at the top of the page, which is still saying "hi" to my mama.
  • FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,665Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 May, 2010
    You are doing a great job John and co.... Those greetings..... my dogs still dont have their names showing !! One is ''in Memory'' ( Should be Cleo (In Memory) Lucas's name is completely covered.. and Flicka is ''CGC'' !!! Its ok.. not complaining just noting.. it can surely wait and will come right eventually ! You are working through a long list.. but that you are listening is MUCH appreciated.

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

• Evelyn CummingsEvelyn Cummings Posts: 11,879Member
    edited 31 May, 2010
    It is still taking forever to get that stupid Community button to even work. I am running IE8 with a ton of ram and a dual core processor, so that shouldn't be a problem! And, not to **** too much, but I am still missing some family members photos on my account page. Plus, we still can't read that light green print!!!!!!!!!!!!! Signed by Beanster, one of the missing family members, sob, sob sob!!!
  • Ron CurranRon Curran Posts: 520Member
    edited 1 June, 2010
    Change is good! Keeps us on our toes...|$| Thanks to all the guys and gals at HQ for all the hard work!!;c;~a~
  • Karolyn WcisloKarolyn Wcislo Easton, PAPosts: 7,551Member
    edited 1 June, 2010
    I keep having problems with the community button too...
  • S- KreuzerS- Kreuzer Southern halfPosts: 63,337Member
    edited 1 June, 2010
    We use Firefox and occasionally have trouble with the \'community\' button as well. Also, we are getting used to the changes and are managing okay. Although, the stark white and small font is still a problem for mom\'s eyes. :?
  • DarbyandRileyCorgisDarbyandRileyCorgis Mountain ViewPosts: 41,992Member ✭✭✭
    edited 2 June, 2010
    :-h I love the new check box so you can make the community homepage your dogster homepage now! |$| I have to agree with Cali Crew on the font size and the white background...kinda hard on moms old eyes!!! :-/
    edited 2 June, 2010
    There is no reason at all why you should lose correctly css coded pages. Maybe it you go to Pawsome Pages group and ask some questions you will find out what went wrong. Literally hundreds of pages were and are decorated and did fine.

Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

• Lauren M- TranLauren M- Tran ArvadaPosts: 8,143Member
    edited 3 June, 2010
    Ditto Peaches. Hate it, hate it, hate it! :-/ We want For the Love of Dogs back. Not Expert info. Community know-how. Yuck! :n:
  • Barbara LambertBarbara Lambert OrlandoPosts: 18,671Member ✭✭
    edited 4 June, 2010
    Now that I've made the Community Homepage my personal homepage....how do I get to the "real" homepage??
  • edited 4 June, 2010
    I really don't have anymore technical issues with the new site but the one issue I do have is.....where did everyone go?????? Far less posting going on now, it's like alot of dogsters went somewhere else and alot of the regulars are barely posting...:? I don't like that at all.
  • Dale PageDale Page Posts: 36,728Member
    edited 4 June, 2010
    :-k:-k hmmm....did anypup see the "# of dogs added today?? :-k:-k
  • Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
    edited 4 June, 2010
    "Now that I've made the Community Homepage my personal homepage....how do I get to the "real" homepage??" I guess you have to unclick "Make this page my Dogster homepage!". Or log-out.
  • Carly ThomasCarly Thomas Posts: 6,374Member
    edited 4 June, 2010
    Do I see a tennis ball and a frisbee on the grass?! :c9:c9:c9:c9:c9 SOME ONE THROW IT FUR ME!!! ;c;%:D%;c;%:D%
    edited 4 June, 2010
    Did they change the text at the top? Or am I having a hard time seeing it...::o
  • Mary FataMary Fata Oakland Gardens/BaysidePosts: 2,740Member
    edited 5 June, 2010
    I got the ball!!!!! Chase chase chase!!!!~a~ And a frisbee too!!!!! |$|
    edited 5 June, 2010
    Yes .. the fonts and diary codes are yet again screwed up and even more of a mess. I no longer have a sense of humour about any of this.

Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

edited 5 June, 2010
    I don't like the fonts either.
  • Humphrey HauntedHumphrey Haunted CaliforniaPosts: 10,753Member
    edited 6 June, 2010
    The text in my diary and under my photos is very tiny now all of a sudden and not legible at all. Mommy is contacting HQ in hopes they can fix this! The grass background is nice but we preferred the old homey and easy to use Dogster. MUCH preferred it, actually.