HQ, The Home Page Is Just no Fun Anymore

Comments

• Jean DeSenaJean DeSena Posts: 7,304Member
    edited 3 June, 2010
    :-h Thanks John & Hq. RE:Missing pals I don\'t have a particular irl or page. I noticed first missing pal while sending a gift. I went back to their page to ck something & saw they did not get a yummy BBq treat. I then clicked the PPR & it did NOT show the You are already friends with this pup notation. I then also checked though my pup pal lists for these pups & they were not there.:? I saw this with quite a few other pals. For me examples are my Long time pal Willie#98637, Chicago Crew,Hudson#281622 & their families etc. I sent pprs to those I have been able to realize I was \"de-paled\" with. Others not so easy to sniff out.:-/ HArd when there are so many & Moms no Beagle nose,nor am I.:)) Pups If We are pals can you check for me & see if we are still \"Official\". I appreciate any info or help. Really hoping they will all reappear & is simple glitch. Yeah Going to set my Homepage,|$| Thanks for taking time for all our Issues & requests.=;
  • Jean DeSenaJean DeSena Posts: 7,304Member
    edited 3 June, 2010
    ets Have to use the Be pals button on page. Clickdidn't work from forums.:q
  • S- KreuzerS- Kreuzer Southern halfPosts: 63,337Member
    edited 3 June, 2010
    HQ, I\'m wondering why I am not able to edit my posts within a minute of posting them? This has happened to me twice earlier this evening. :?
  • Michelle quayleMichelle quayle Posts: 11,219Member
    edited 3 June, 2010
    Hello, This is a first for me. Thanks for the option of the community page as this is the one thing I was not liking. I do like the crisp look to Dogster now, but do miss the old feel of it being a bit more unique. Now if we could just get more doggies to come back and play with us..:( They seem to have all gone off to sniff out new social media sites..:( well their pawrents have that is. Thanks for trying, I can imagine how hard it is to run an every changing media site.
  • Peggy SmithePeggy Smithe Long IslandPosts: 735Member ✭✭
    edited 3 June, 2010
    Pawsonally I think that we pups having our own pawsome community where the baddies can\'t enter our dog park is pawsome. I don\'t find it a big deal to bookmark my own community page. People naturally don\'t like changes, but that part of life is never going to change, especially for this generation. It is a fast paced world and it will always be changing on a daily bases. Maybe if the word Community was changed to Dog Park and something like \'Enter The Dog Park\' pups would feel more at home. How do you other pups feel about that suggestion? I would love to see \"For Love of Dog\" under the Dogster Logo again, that would be sweet. I would also like to see \"Dogster\'s, for the love of dog blog\" on the main page instead of \"Dog News\" and a link to it on our community page. I was disappointed not to have seen the the winners of the Adopt 2010 Contest on the Main Page or the Community page. This is a yearly contest and the world should see all the heart-wrenching and happy endings stories. The winners deserve that recognition. I wasn\'t even aware that they were announced until today. I do find it interesting that the blog pages still have the old format, is it suppose to be that way? One more thing, could some one tell me how do I find Snuzzy? Thanks HQ for explaining the real reason for such the drastic changes.
  • John VarsJohn Vars MinnetristaPosts: 1,016Member
    edited 3 June, 2010
    Hi, I am happy that some of you are like the site and the ability to make the Community page your homepage. We are going to keep trying to make things the way you want them. @Prin-cess - you have some good ideas there. I will add them to the list that we are reviewing. Thanks. Also, the blogs are still in the old format, but that is temporary. They will look like and also be more integrated into the overall site soon. The Adopt 2010 contest winners would have been a great idea on the home or community page. I am sorry we missed that. I will check more into that one. Also, you can find snuzzy at http://www.snuzzy.com @DarlaMae and @Peanutty - I am going to try and take a look at your issues, but really the best thing to do for those issues is to contact support. Just because they can usually get to it faster than I can. We some more improvements and fixes coming out this morning or early afternoon. Thanks for all your woofs. John @ HQ
  • Peggy SmithePeggy Smithe Long IslandPosts: 735Member ✭✭
    edited 3 June, 2010
    Thanks John, But why wouldn't their be a link for Snuzzy in Dogster? Again, shouldn't that also be on the home page and community page?
  • Katie FutrellKatie Futrell Jacksonville, FLPosts: 1,056Member
    edited 3 June, 2010
    I might just be be missing something, but while looking up information on different breeds, I no longer see the option to look at Dogster dogs who are that specific breed. Where did that go? :-k I really liked that feature.
  • Teddy RheingoldsTeddy Rheingolds San FranciscoPosts: 1,743Member
    edited 3 June, 2010
    @darla mae: I think you sniffed a bug! @abbey: Go to Community Tab then click 'See the dogs' @peanutty: We'll look into it. I've been able to edit, but we'll find out why you can't. @Prin-cess: Good question. We've integrated a lot of the other sites into dogster and catster, but snuzzy is for all types of cute and I think we omitted to mix it in. Thx for pointing that out. Woofs everyone! Ted @ QQ
  • L RaglandL Ragland TexasPosts: 8,088Member
    edited 4 June, 2010
    HQ....thanks for working so hard for our community! What about changing to animal friendly advertisers? Is that a possiblity? Dogster/Catster appears more "commercial" than more "animal friendly"..... Appreciate you so much, sissy
  • FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,665Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 4 June, 2010
    Please ..........can you change the posted links colour to a completely different colour to sludge green. For the most part the links just vanish. Also......... many have asked about the font size being increased a little. Adding my plea to that and the softening of the white . I know you are looking into those 2 things Thankyou for working through all this.. and for COMMUNICATING ... it really is helping that you are .

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

• Carly ThomasCarly Thomas Posts: 6,374Member
    edited 4 June, 2010
    I'm having a hard time finding where all the links are. I mean, I can see the Breeds,puppies, and all that stuff. But if you go on my page and look at 'Dogster's I've met' You'd never know it actually LINKED back to the Doggie's i've met over the years...It's just green! It's ok Dogster. You know I'll never leave. :))
  • Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
    edited 4 June, 2010
    I agree with you, Sissy. Advertizing is great. While I love 95% of the changes, the site doesn't seem to be about the community so much anymore.
  • Linda LeverLinda Lever Posts: 4,422Member
    edited 4 June, 2010
    The only thing I didn\'t like was having to go through too many steps to get to my dogs info. Now that my Community Page is my Dogster Homepage I am happy. Thanks Dogster!!! =;
  • Kayla DanburyKayla Danbury Posts: 3,520Member
    edited 5 June, 2010
    HQ, we're using Google Chrome and whatever you did today fixed the last little weird things we've noticed about the site. We love the tennis ball and frisbee in the background and all the new fonts. Great job! =; Just one little question, and it could just be us overlooking something very obvious, but we've made the community homepage our Dogster homepage and now we can't figure out how to see the "Dogster" homepage. What we mean by that is the page we would be seeing if the little box wasn't checked, with all the info and blogs on it. Sorry if it's really easy... :r
  • edited 5 June, 2010
    I am not having any technical issues, but the entire site is no fun anymore, all the regulars have either quit posting or are barely posting at all. Where did everyone go???? I guess the new site ran them off. :((
  • Linda LeverLinda Lever Posts: 4,422Member
    edited 5 June, 2010
    I\'m having that problem too Jet Hawk. I don\'t know how to find the Dogster home page now. :-/
  • edited 5 June, 2010
    Is it just my eyes? Is anyone else having problems with the font fading? My community page, my pet pages, messages on groups are a few of the places the black fades to gray and some of the green is "splotchy" for lack of a better word. :? Does anyone else notice that?
  • Terri LyonTerri Lyon HomerPosts: 71,120Member
    edited 5 June, 2010
    Oops, meant to post in the other thread
  • S- KreuzerS- Kreuzer Southern halfPosts: 63,337Member
    edited 5 June, 2010
    HQ, I was able to edit my posts yesterday. But, today I am not able to edit them again. What is going on there, any idea? :?
  • FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,665Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 5 June, 2010
    Well the font codes in the diaries.. and the format spacing in them is all screwed up as well.

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

• Julie MuldawerJulie Muldawer PurrsvillePosts: 6,223Member
    edited 6 June, 2010
    Are you dogsters aware of the 3 NUTRO ads on your community homepage? Hazel Lucy
  • Kayla DanburyKayla Danbury Posts: 3,520Member
    edited 6 June, 2010
    Thank you HQ for the "more" section at the tops of some of the pages. It's great to have a link to the news and such. :-h~b~
    edited 6 June, 2010
    Really, there's 3 Nutro ads? I have ad blocker, so I don't see them
    edited 6 June, 2010
    Yes.. cant exactly miss the Nutro ads.. they are all over the site... but I have an adblocker too.

Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

• Lindsay WalkerLindsay Walker Posts: 27,783Member
    edited 6 June, 2010
    ;c; WOW HQ's very attentive to this thread! Good job HQ! ;c;
    edited 7 June, 2010
    I hope the Nutro ads will be changed into something better I sure like the addition of the posts that we make in our groups on the home page HQ =; Sometimes I forget which group I posted what in. It would be great if more than 3 were showed though- say maybe 10 at once ;)
  • Lindsay WalkerLindsay Walker Posts: 27,783Member
    edited 7 June, 2010
    BOL.... I didnt realize how much I appreciated editing until I couldnt :r:))!
  • DarbyandRileyCorgisDarbyandRileyCorgis Mountain ViewPosts: 41,992Member ✭✭✭
    edited 8 June, 2010
    I can\'t leave comments on my pals pictures or in their diaries...i keep getting this error message...\"There was an error posting your comment. (Error 4) I sent an email to HQ but have yet to get a response! :?....Ughhhhh!!!
  • PogoPogo Perth, Western AustraliaPosts: 12,466Member ✭✭✭
    edited 9 June, 2010
    Hi Darby! :-h:-h That problem with commenting on diary entries/ pics not being accepted was happening before "The Change". I found that if you unticked the box that asks if you want to be notified if anyone replies after you, it usually works fine then. Give that a go until it's fixed!