can\'t get to My Forum Posts menu

Dominique D-Dominique D- MonctonPosts: 1,631Member
edited 23 September, 2010 in Plus Experts & Help Corner
Ok, when I click on Community, I can't access the right hand side of the list of options because the Ads by Google is over the top of it!! So, I can't get to My Forum Posts!! This is frustrating... any tips? Oh, I have Internet Explorer

Comments

• Evelyn CummingsEvelyn Cummings Posts: 11,879Member
    edited 28 June, 2010
    I just came over here to (female dog) about this again. It used to be only the Beneful ads, now there are way more of them and I just had to go to FOUR different places just to find a page without one of the ads so I could check on my past forum posts. This is getting very, very maddening. It shouldn't be that difficult to keep the ads in the back. I am no programmer, but I would think it could be a simple position command. Come on, HQ, give us a break before we join the ranks of the already MIA who have left for greener pastures, oops, guess that isn't a good choice of words with that grass all over everywhere on here.
  • FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,665Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 June, 2010
    Its also very simple to pmail OR email support They have been trying to fix this for some time. With lesser and greater sucess. They are not mindreader.. so informing them if you havent will help.. and if you have.. politely informing them again will let them know it still needs fixing. Its very easy to contact them.. [email protected]

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

edited 28 June, 2010
    Hey, I just remembered something... one of the perks of plus membership was that supposedly we would no longer have these ads all over our pages. I just went to My Account page and I can't even get to the Community box from there. This is not improvement, this is working backwards!!
    edited 28 June, 2010
    Tried that, didn't work. The only response was more ads. Sorry, but this is really getting very frustrating. Dogster used to be fun and relaxing, now it's frustrating and annoying.
  • FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,665Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 June, 2010
    It was also not NO ads... how else is the site paid for? it was that they DID remove SOME ads. For that we need to be thankful. Also.. there are ALOT of FREE ad blockers out there.. that work very well.. I use one ! Many do... you might wish to consider getting one

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

• Dominique D-Dominique D- MonctonPosts: 1,631Member
    edited 28 June, 2010
    What Add Blocker to you use Flicka? does it remove the bar adds on the right side of the Dogster site?
    edited 28 June, 2010
    Pmailing you Layla

Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page

• Anna BurgioAnna Burgio ColumbiaPosts: 3,439Member
    edited 28 June, 2010
    The only way I've been able to avoid this is to click the dogster icon for the home page and reach the menu there. Hope they fix this soon!
  • John VarsJohn Vars MinnetristaPosts: 1,016Member
    edited 1 July, 2010
    Hi all, We thought we had it fixed so that the community tab wouldn't get interfered with by ads. However the ad makers intentionally make it so their ads show up on top of everything. I think we have a solution to this but it will take a few days to program it. Sorry for the inconvenience. It bugs me too. John @ HQ
    edited 1 July, 2010
    Thanks!!! We wish you good luck with the programming. We still love you!
  • edited 1 July, 2010
    Thanks, HQ! I've been dealing with this for a few days also, but I thought it was just me :? First I tried hiding/blocking the ad (I use firefox) but it still won't let me click on "my forum posts" or ANY button on the right hand side of the Community menu. Glad you guys are always on top of things though! lufs ya!
  • Ron CurranRon Curran Posts: 520Member
    edited 2 July, 2010
    Nope, no fix. It still does it to me as well. I know it takes time to do this stuff. Site does look good.:-h
  • Carly ThomasCarly Thomas Posts: 6,374Member
    edited 2 July, 2010
    No ads fur me. :) I got ad blocker.
  • Mary FataMary Fata Oakland Gardens/BaysidePosts: 2,740Member
    edited 2 July, 2010
    Hey John at HQ thank you for the fix we need to stop the ad from rolling over our community tab!=;
    edited 3 July, 2010
    Ahhh, it's fixed!!! Thanks sooo much, HQ. We were timidly clicking on the Community box this morning, checking it with every ad, and it's all better!! Good job, here's a cookie!!!! :)
  • Ron CurranRon Curran Posts: 520Member
    edited 6 July, 2010
    Looks like it is fixed!|$| Thanks a bunch HQ!!%:D%;c;
  • Dominique D-Dominique D- MonctonPosts: 1,631Member
    edited 20 September, 2010
    Wow I'm super late with this response, but here it is: THANKS HQ!!!! ;c;
  • Ann RiversAnn Rivers PennsylvaniaPosts: 13,434Member
    edited 23 September, 2010
    Thank you!!! I finally foubd out who types fur HQ:))