Ahhhhh! My Dogster\'s all weird! What\'s going on?? Is it 2012??

Comments

• tracy stevenstracy stevens Posts: 667Member
    edited 25 June, 2010
    Thanks guys, all the talk about having to scroll all the way over to see the frisbee (never knew it was there) I scrolled over to see it and found the community tab that had disappeard off my screen a few days ago, fo some reason it moved all the way over there.
  • Patti BarthPatti Barth Posts: 616Member
    edited 27 June, 2010
    :(( HQ I have read every single post here looking for some answers to questions I might have. Didn't find a single answer. I have been a member on dogster for some time now and recommend it to others when I get a chance. I think I'm going to stop that because of the change. 1. Mom has a paid membership to a particular site simply because she wouldn't have to see the commercials. What's the deal here? Since we are paid members why should we have to see all of the advertisements? 2. It used to be that if I clicked on the word dogster, I could go back to the dogster main page. Now that I have my home page set here, I have to log out, which forces me to log out of facebook, just so I can see the dogster front page. Not good. Not good at all. 3. Our pages (mine and Shaylee's) used to allow the background to be all the way across our pages, even the info part. Not now. 4. If I wanted a tennis ball or frisbee (neither of which I play with) on my page, I would put it there. 5. The space seems much wider now. By that I mean the white part of this page, my own page, the group pages I go to. Why? I don't like it. 6. I'm seriously thinking of not renewing my membership out of my allowance that my pawrentals give me and Shaylee. We've met some really super pup pals here, loved them and leaked for their loss. We support each other with lots of POPs, both for them and my pawrentals, as well as their pawrentals. My pawrentals have made furiends with our pup pals pawrentals on facebook. They talk about us on there even though we don't have a dogbook page. Yea I understand that you're just trying to make a buck but why is it at our expense? Big deal that you have new members added daily and old members leaving daily for whatever reason. 7. Me and Shaylee don't go to our group messages much anymore simply because of the way dogster has made the changes. This isn't good HQ, not good at all.
  • susan Daviasusan Davia Posts: 20,007Member
    edited 27 June, 2010
    Crossposted from the Catster..... so you had corrected this last issue (getting our email messages)and now we have another? Changing images on our pages is now a hassle..what gives? when you try to do so you get an error message like this "Your request cannot be completed. Meow meow! Well this is cat-crazy unusual. For some reason you are trying to access a cat that is not yours. Did you edit the URL? Use the back button to return to your last correct page. If you are seeing this error for a cat that is yours, please email us and we will help you out. We have recorded this event for use back at The Cat House." The image does change,but you fade to a blank page... you need to refresh your page, just how many more glitches do we need to go through?
  • Lis CareyLis Carey Posts: 5,402Member
    edited 27 June, 2010
    3. Our pages (mine and Shaylee's) used to allow the background to be all the way across our pages, even the info part. Not now. Which makes the pages of Plus members who lack any visual design judgment much more readable. Used to drive me bananas, trying to read the text on a Plus member's page when it was largely obscured by the member's idea of Rilly Kewl Design. It's one of the very few improvements Dogster has made, IMHO.
  • John VarsJohn Vars MinnetristaPosts: 1,016Member
    edited 29 June, 2010
    @Captain Thumper - the problem with changing your primary image should now be fixed.
  • LucyLucy JacksonvillePosts: 116,892Member ✭✭✭
    edited 29 June, 2010
    You need to go to Pawsome Pages..I noticed you are using myspace stuff..It does not work here on Dogster...Pawsome Pages will help you get your page looking great..

Angel Minster Jr and Misty, Lucy, and newest Kitty Sammie, Newest Seniors Nikki and Beau...

• Michelle TorgersonMichelle Torgerson Two HarborsPosts: 361Member ✭✭
    edited 1 July, 2010
    Fixing the video issue must be low on Dogster's list of priorities. I've been waiting since March/April. I have been patient because of all the other changes, but it is now July and I still have many of my videos missing from my page. I'm not loving Dogster lately. Dogster means different things to different dogs. For me and my people, a big part of the Dogster fun was making videos to show off. Photos are great, but we get a huge kick out of making little home-made videos to share. I have some new videos and I would love to share these with my Dogster pals, but it would mean I would lose other videos from my page as a result. So I am looking for a new doggy website to 'move to' where I can show off lots of photos and videos with no problems. Any suggestions?
    edited 1 July, 2010
    @afro ken - I have upgraded the priority for fixing the video issues. Sorry for the inconvenience. I hope you can wait just a little longer. John @ HQ
  • kelly jeannekelly jeanne Posts: 1,287Member
    edited 1 July, 2010
    Anybody else having pop-up advertisements block the right side of the orange "Community" tab? I can't access the whole right side of the Community drop down menu because of pop-up advertising. :-/
  • king_2006king_2006 ImperialPosts: 1,083Member ✭✭✭
    edited 1 July, 2010
    hi dinnes i have the same promble that you do.:?
    edited 1 July, 2010
    Hi all, We thought we had it fixed so that the community tab wouldn't get interfered with by ads. However the ad makers intentionally make it so their ads show up on top of everything. I think we have a solution to this but it will take a few days to program it. Sorry for the inconvenience. It bugs me too. John @ HQ
  • kelly jeannekelly jeanne Posts: 1,287Member
    edited 1 July, 2010
    Thanks for trying to fix this, John! ;)
  • aiken parkeraiken parker Fred enjoys shared between 2 sPosts: 234Member
    edited 3 July, 2010
    Ohh Please.please fix this issue with the advertisements..Grrr.. they are popping up and blocking peoples posts all together..not just the Community drop downs..Sadly, rather defeating the purpose of having a forum :( Very frustrating.
  • Tena ParkerTena Parker PittsburghPosts: 3,333Member
    edited 3 July, 2010
    John is there any possibility to improve the search function? I've been harping on it forever... but in the last two weeks it's gotten so frustrating i've actually had to just close my dogster tab and forget about what i was searching for a while and just ignore dogster until later. I was looking for a specific word i knew was in a specific post i was looking for... and it returned posts that had PART of the word but not the whole thing... after searching through the first like 6 pages i quit... i never found the information i was looking for is there a way to do an "advanced" search so i can search for "personalized" and not get hits for "person" or "per"... or search for the word "retroactive" and not get "retro" or "active" etc.. Also is there any way we can have an advanced search to be able to search a specific Forum and/or a specific thread? Some of these threads are hundreds of pages long.. and it is just not reasonable to search through to find what you are looking for...page by page These would make dogster a much easier to use website in terms of finding information... i've had to bookmark threads i often have to bump for poeple because it's freaking impossible to 'search' for them... and it can take forever if i'm browsing page by page in "my forum posts" because i ahve probably 200pages of posts.
  • edited 4 July, 2010
    I second Shayne's request for a more efficient forums search feature. I have never, EVER had a successful search on Dogster - though I'm sure the information was there, it was like trying to find a needle in a stack of needles. Would it be possible to make some threads "sticky"? There are HUGE amounts of valuable information on Dogster forums, but once it's a few days old, it disappears into the ether, and can't be found again.
    edited 4 July, 2010
    "There are HUGE amounts of valuable information on Dogster forums, but once it's a few days old, it disappears into the ether, and can't be found again." Want to know why things are hashed out and RE-hashed out over and over ...why we run in circles aroudn the same stupid arguemnts over and over....because people can't SEARCH for threads already in existence... Heck the same thread can be started just days apart... it's really frustrating. Almost every other forum i'm on i can say: "search the forums for "this" thread for your answers or for more information" but no... on dogster they would never be able to find it...so instead i have to spend FOREVER trying to find a thread from months ago so i can bump it up for the person (or more often than not .. i DONT and the person's question doesn't get answered or we get into the same stupid debates over and over again). I'm not sold on sticky threads on a place like this (more particularly some of the forum headings dont' really make making sticky's fair)...but i think if we could actually search effectively (cut it down by poster or thread title or forum section or approximate date or etc) we wouldn't NEED the sticky's.
    edited 6 July, 2010
    @Shayne and all, Thanks for the ideas about searching forums. I wasn't aware that this was an issue. But you all describe it well. We will have to give this some thought. Search is tricky! One of the reasons this is difficult is because we have so many forums posts. Storing all this data and making it accessible and searchable is really hard. If we had the resources of Google then things would be different. :) I like the idea of being able to search within a specific thread. Again, some technical issues there that I will talk to the team here about. Also, I believe it you put quotes around your search word when searching you should get just exact matches. For instance, typing in "retroactive" (with the quotes) as opposed to retroactive (no quotes). It seemed to work for me but I did not try many different searches. Thanks for your thoughts! John @ HQ
    edited 6 July, 2010
    John, thanks for bringing this to the table w/ the brains behind dogster... i think it would make a HUGE difference in the usability with the site (if you go back to the beginning of this thread and i know on the "changes coming to dogster" thread you will find many-a-complaints about the search *many from me i will admit). If you use quotes around your search term(s) it does not search for only exact matches... (i just searched for a title of a book hoping to bring up a thread i started a while ago and i have no idea how it pulled up some of the posts it did but no luck just getting exact matches) I certainly understand (though have no solution for) the problems with searching a vast amount of data and finding the right algorithm to work the system well, while not having a google-sized budget. But there are little parameters that could make a world of difference (one being being able to search using quotes for exact matches or just narrowing your searching to a specific forum... OR a specific dogster... i'd LOVE to be able to search my own posts for a specific thing i knew i wrote two years ago but can't find... or be able to search a fellow dogster's posts because i know there is a post/thread that they wrote in that could be helpful) I appreciate you taking this to the table, i know i am not alone in this desire for improved search function.
  • Megan PMegan P KankakeePosts: 7,989Member
    edited 20 July, 2010
    If you have an idea about the ads blocking the community tab, is there any way you could also work on ads blocking images and text when people insert pop up images on the forums? Somebody will have a picture, and then when I mouse over it, it pops up within the forums, but because of their post location, their picture either gets knocked behind an ad in the middle of the page or the picture is large and extends their text behind the ads on the side. I still think making it more user friendly to ad clickable links towards websites and adding pictures would be a godsend. It wouldn't be that big of a pain to just copy and paste, but when the urls are super long and you have to look for 1 space somewhere within that url so you can go to the link because Dogster forums mysteriously ads random spaces to posts....well, it gets annoying. Adding buttons that automatically insert the html code so all the user has to do is paste the url in between the code would be awesome. If not, at least put in writing just below the submit button of a post that explains how to post a link using html coding. That's a simple thing that can help a lot of people.
  • Joy CoffriniJoy Coffrini Long IslandPosts: 482Member
    edited 22 July, 2010
    I've been having problems sending pal requests. Every time I hit the submit button, it brings me back to the submit page where you enter the text requesting to be pals. So I don't know if they are actually going through or not. It doesn't give me the confirmation that the request has been submitted anymore. Is anyone else having the same problem?
    edited 22 July, 2010
    Hi Duke, We are working on the friend request problem. HQ
    edited 22 July, 2010
    hi i want to know why is everything miss up on dogster for and is that why because the im comeing back on here again.:-h
    edited 22 July, 2010
    Hi King, Sorry that you are upset. We are always responding to our members needs and trying to make things that you all want and trying to make things faster. Rarely, when we improve one thing, we accidentally cause an issue somewhere else. We always fix it as fast as possible when we find out. That is why we encourage everyone to email support (at) dogster (dot) com whenever there is a problem. We will get on it! Thanks for your understanding. HQ
  • StellaStella Posts: 6,822Member
    edited 6 August, 2010
    :-h Good Morning HQ! What is going on with this site the past two days? It's in a time-warp, doesn't show latest posts on the main thread pages, etc. Surely the bugs from June should be worked out by now.........
    edited 6 August, 2010
    For serious... it's been rather buggy... i hope they get it fixed before the weekend....
    edited 6 August, 2010
    Hi, The forums latest post problem should be fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience. HQ
    edited 10 August, 2010
    hi dogster can your fix the promble on here whane you ask dogs to be friends on here because i cant see what there write becasue the adds cover over some if the wolds there write.:-h
  • Carly ThomasCarly Thomas Posts: 6,374Member
    edited 12 August, 2010
    Where's DOTD and DDOTD? :)) Or am I seeing things? :-h
    edited 12 August, 2010
    I don\'t see the Diary of the Day anymore. Has this been moved or will it no longer be featured?
    edited 12 August, 2010
    Another issue I am experiencing is when I want to go to a dog's family member or one of their pup pal's page from another dog's page, I get an advertisement blocking it so I am ubable to click on the dog's page. I would only be able to click the advertisement. There's not even an option to close the advertisement.