My sweet baby Ted is really sick...

Crys BrowningCrys Browning AustinPosts: 5Member
edited 17 November, 2010 in Get Well Soon
he was taken to the vet for a growth removal and dental cleaning on Wed. The blood work came back and he has renal failure. I am devastated! He had been to the vet numerous times for an insect bite that he was being treated for. Any feedback on renal failure would be greatly appreciated. He is still at the vet getting an iv flush. I want to do anything and everything to make sure he is comfortable and may live for years to come. He\'s my child.

Comments

• Paula ClarkePaula Clarke SalernoPosts: 206Member
    edited 13 September, 2010
    I am so sorry! Omd... have you heard anything on treatment or prognosis?
  • Dale PageDale Page Posts: 36,728Member
    edited 14 September, 2010
    Ted....my Angel Sister Clover had renal failure, and lived for many years. Mumma home cooked for her...and she really believes that helped her a great deal. |:|Ted|:|
  • Crys BrowningCrys Browning AustinPosts: 5Member
    Thank you May! In the last 2 weeks he's been home and doing well. With his kidney food diet and blood pressure medicine, he seems pretty much back to his playful self. I bought an IV flush from the vet in case he starts feeling bad again...hopefully he'll continue to keep hydrated. Bad thing now is he has an abscess and he has to take anti-biotics. Just something else hard on his kidneys. I am keeping positive though and am thrilled that he is responding to treatment. :D
    River...thank you so much for your msg! It gives me a great deal of hope knowing you had yrs more with Clover. What type of home cooked food did you give her? I would love to try it. :)
  • Mary FataMary Fata Oakland Gardens/BaysidePosts: 2,740Member
    edited 17 September, 2010
    Ted read here: kidney support diet
    edited 13 November, 2010
    Ted lost his battle with kidney failure on 11/11/10. I will miss you my sweet puppy, more than words can possibly say. You are now my angel in heaven. |/a/|
  • ridgee brownridgee brown Posts: 590Member
    edited 13 November, 2010
    |:| Rest in peace Ted |:|
  • Dale PageDale Page Posts: 36,728Member
    edited 13 November, 2010
    I am so saddened to hear...:( |:||:|
  • Autumn PottsAutumn Potts Posts: 704Member
    edited 14 November, 2010
    Kidney failure is an evil evil thing. Rest in peace dear sweet Ted. You were loved so much throughout your life. Fly free now. |/a/|
  • JULIE REYNOLDSJULIE REYNOLDS St. LouisPosts: 10,984Member
    edited 17 November, 2010
    |:| Ted |:| |/a/||/a/|