Coat Changes

Aleigha DelaneyAleigha Delaney Posts: 1Member
edited 19 March, 2013 in Alaskan Klee Kai
Hi everyone. Kaiko is a 10 week old male AKK and my boyfriend and I just got him last weekend. His coat is very light as of right now, but I've seen some transition pics of pups to adults with an extreme darkening of their overall coat. Is that pretty standard of this breed to get a much darker coat as they age?

Comments

• alicia holtzalicia holtz Orange CountyPosts: 6Member
    edited 17 March, 2012
    Your puppy looks familiar! Did you get him from Kenai Ridge Kennels? If so I have his sister. :) His coat will get darker, my guess is that it will be a medium grey. But your best guess would be to look at the parents and that will give you an idea. My puppy had a light silver coat, its only been a few week and she's gotten a lot darker. And if you did get your puppy from Kenai, the mother was black and white and the father was grey and white.
  • edited 20 March, 2012
    Yes, it's normal for puppies' peachy coat to darker with age. :)
  • randi perryrandi perry Posts: 2Member
    edited 19 March, 2013
    What do u mean peachy I just got mine her name is myah she is 11weeks she is silver and white she has a lil peach in her nut the breader said that thepeach will most likely go away