treats?

L HL H Posts: 176Member
edited 11 May, 2013 in Raw Food Diet
What can i usefor treats? I was thinkng on cheese,ham,lestover meat and others,but i would like something dry and or chewy,or should i get a can of cheese and use that?... Another thing,i asked about house training and you guys suggested on using a bell to teach him a way to ask to go out,how dis you teach your pups to do it? Thanks! I have a clicker and he already knows how to sit.

Comments

• Reagan thrashReagan thrash Posts: 476Member
    edited 11 May, 2013
    Stella and chewys makes raw treats.
  • Kathy YataKathy Yata Posts: 10,342Member
    edited 11 May, 2013
    I really like cooked chicken breast for treats. Low calorie, high protein, not messy and shreds almost as easily as string cheese! String cheese is good too. For bought treats I like the dehydrated lung fillet, not the chunk. I can break the fillet with my hands and have to cut the other with a knife. Lung isn't as rich as liver and I haven't had any tummy upsets using it. You could also try Ziwi Peak or Real Meat Company jerky or even the actual food. RMC food didn't work well for Max, it is tiny cubes that weren't easy to swallow. The flat thin jerky treats work well though and he will do anything for a bit. Cheapest is the chicken, the others are very convenient though.
  • L HL H Posts: 176Member
    edited 11 May, 2013
    So i can use anything in other words xD Can i use jerky made for us? I can also ham cubes,leftover chicken breast. Etc.
  • OnyxOnyx Posts: 3,322Member
    edited 11 May, 2013
    You can use anything you feel comfortable giving your dog. Lots of "people food", like canned cheese or jerky made for people, is going to be pretty high in salt, so if you're going to use a lot, better to look for something healthier. I use ZiwiPeak (air-dried raw) because it's the closest I can get to raw without the mess of raw.