The collarless tagless chihuahua. . .

Stephanie PykeStephanie Pyke OmahaPosts: 1,372Member
edited 7 September, 2013 in Get Well Soon
Tonight a middle aged chihuahua lay in the middle of 13th street in my city, south of downtown. It is the major street between the downtown area and the zoo, and it is not the best of neighborhoods. He was in the road across from a burger king, passed out and in shock from his injuries. The nice mexican couple that had seen him get hit by an SUV that didn't stop, came to help from from the dining room of the burger king and I gently moved him on to my overshirt and moved him out of the road while inconsiderate people honked and cursed at us. God bless the nice beat cop who stopped and blocked traffic for us while we worked because easing a dog onto a button up shirt to be used as a stretcher is delicate and patient work. We did not know it he would come to or snap, we did not know if he had spinal injuries. We just had to get it out of the road. The cop told us that the dog had been running in traffic nightly, it was only a matter of time before this sort of thing happened. No collar no tags, but he belonged to someone. He had tendons showing on his legs from road rash, but he probably had some internal injuries because he was in shock. I massaged his ears and toes with water and poured water on his wounds, it's 85 degrees and 70-80% humidity and he was on that hot pavement. He almost immediately started breathing more deeply after I used the water so I don't think his lungs are too bruised. That nice cop stayed with us until the humane society came to take the dog to the vet. I lost my overshirt, but there was no easy way to get it back without hurting the dog further.. I can find another. Tonight a little chihuahua is at the vet with an uncertain future, I'd like a bit of POTP for the anonymous lil guy to pull through all right.

Comments

• Pam LaVignePam LaVigne Posts: 5,251Member
    edited 30 August, 2013
    |:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:| and |bb for the little guy. We hope he pulls through and recovers well. Thank-you and the other couple for caring enough to help him. Please keep us posted if possible.
  • DeaDea NHPosts: 7,176Member ✭✭✭
    edited 31 August, 2013
    Good job with helping the little guy. =; hope he's going to be ok. |:|
  • Vicky ChanVicky Chan MarkhamPosts: 3,542Member
    edited 1 September, 2013
    POTP for the sweet little guy. Thank you so much for helping him, you guys are so sweet. :) Hope he gets better and finds a home.
  • FlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxonFlickaLucasClNerysCeltSaxon Norman OKPosts: 56,659Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 September, 2013
    Bumping to drown the spambots

Flicka (My Beautiful Angel) & Lucas (My Gentle Angel) & Cleo (My Beloved Angel) Nerys, Celt & Saxon
    Flicka's Page
    Lucas's Page
    Cleo's Page
    Nerys's Page
    Celt's Page
    Saxon's Page