Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

Scruffy is very sick

124»

Comments

• Kat RenardeKat Renarde Posts: 877Member
    edited 13 December, 2013
    Sending thoughts your way! |:||:|
  • DeaDea NHPosts: 7,176Member ✭✭✭
    edited 14 December, 2013
    |:||:||:||:||:||:|
  • Nicole KoleszarNicole Koleszar Posts: 2,761Member
    edited 17 December, 2013
    It's not looking good. His kidney values are slowly getting worse and he's starting to go downhill. He's still barely eating and he lost a pound. The vet said to keep getting fluids into him and getting him to pee as much as possible to help flush out the kidney waste. He's not in the danger zone yet but it's only a matter of time now. :((:((:((
    edited 28 December, 2013
    Because Scruffy stopped eating last week we went to the vet. The vet suggested doing a urine culture to see if there any infections or something else going on so we did that and the culture had some growths so I guess he has an infection so he's going to be on more meds for a while. This poor dog can not catch a break.
  • Bunny_PrincesseLilyCGNBunny_PrincesseLilyCGN bathurstPosts: 9,421Member ✭✭✭
    edited 29 December, 2013
    |:| Scruffy and get well soon|bb|
    edited 29 December, 2013
    |:||:||:||:| Sending thoughts your way!
  • Michelle FinleyMichelle Finley Posts: 624Member
    edited 2 January, 2014
    We're praying for Scruffy! |:|:f|:|:f|:|:f|:|
    edited 20 January, 2014
    If you'd like to stay in touch PM me if you'd like to become facebook friends or exchange email addresses. You can also find me here: http://dogsterfriends.freeforums.net/ I'd like to thank everyone again for their thoughts, prayers, and support. |:|
    edited 25 February, 2014
    Since Dogster's Community features are no longer shutting down you can ignore my last post, or don't, do what you want, I'm not your mother! :P Anyways, back to Scruffy. His appetite is still finicky and he's totally fed up with having to take pills. Since his appetite is finicky he gets an appetite stimulant whenever he just absolutely won't eat anything at all, but usually pumpkin or yogurt added to his food and a ginger pill and a half a vitamin B complex pill is enough to get him to eat. He went to the Vet yesterday for a recheck and the Vet said that Scruffy looks really good and is doing good considering what's going on with him. We got the bloodwork results today and the Vet said that Scruffy's kidney values have increased a little bit and that he wants to put him on the antibiotics again. Scruffy's not gonna be thrilled with more pills but he'll just have to deal with it I guess.
    edited 26 March, 2014
    UPDATE: Yesterday Scruffy wasn't keeping water down. We rushed him to the Vet and she gave him an anti-vomiting shot and took blood. He hasn't been eating much lately and lost 5 lbs in a month. He has been shivering on and off lately too and seems lethargic and weak and frail. We got the bloodwork results today and it's not good news. His kidney values increased a lot and he is anemic. The vet kept saying he has been fighting this for so long and she wished it was good news. She said it seems like it's the beginning of the end for him.
    edited 26 March, 2014
    Sending you |:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:||:|:f
    edited 28 March, 2014
    Any updates?
  • Lucy OhannessianLucy Ohannessian Posts: 5,986Member
    edited 29 March, 2014
    Oh dear, just seeing this now. I am so sorry :( Please update when you can, but thoughts are with you |:|
    edited 29 March, 2014
    Thank you. |:| There's really not much to say. We're just trying to keep him comfortable at this point. :(:(:(:(
    edited 29 March, 2014
    More |:||:||:||:||:||:||bb|
    edited 2 April, 2014
    I lost my best friend today. Scruffy passed away.
  • mary smary s upstatePosts: 1,022Member
    edited 2 April, 2014
    Very sad. I just found out that Scruffy has went to the bridge |:|
    edited 11 April, 2014
    |:||:||:||:||:||:||:| Our thoughts are with you.