High cuteness incoming! Tips for a first time Aussie owner?

Renee WeiRenee Wei Posts: 3Member
edited 7 January, 2014 in Australian Shepherd
Hi friends! I'm picking up my red tri Aussie puppy -- Harley-- in 3 weeks. The waiting is exciting and nerve wrecking! I've always had dogs in my family but I've never had anything bigger than a Pekingnese! I've been researching this breed for a while and am aware of quite a few basics for Aussies. Wondering if there are some tips you'd like to share? I live in a house with an open backyard. 1 minute walk to an open park and 10 minutes walk to 2 dog parks (the beaches area in Toronto). I will have a crate, a puppy pen, pee pads, and chew toys ready. We also have a big fat cat lol ... I learned that the cat will beat the puppy up but I shouldn't interfere, since the cat needs to establish that he is the boss!? Thanks everyone! Have an amazing day!

Comments

• Jess DavisJess Davis Posts: 833Member
    edited 6 January, 2014
    I lived in the Beaches for a year or so until I bought a house 6 months ago. Enjoy the parks. They're great.
    edited 6 January, 2014
    I lived in the Beaches for a year or so until I bought a house 6 months ago. Enjoy the parks. They're great.
  • Renee WeiRenee Wei Posts: 3Member
    edited 7 January, 2014
    Thank you! Do you have any good puppy schools or vets in the area that you recommend?
    edited 7 January, 2014
    Try Beaches Animal Hospital & Who's Walking Who!