Aggression towards his littermate

Ruth-Ann DowdRuth-Ann Dowd Posts: 1Member
edited 2 February, 2014 in Australian Shepherd
I bought 2 mini aussies from the same litter from which I later realized was a puppy mill. I have had health issues with the female as a puppy but they are both now healthy. When Radar(male) is excited, when they are either losoe in the fenced in backyard or in their 12' x 12' dog run, he becomes aggressive and will attack his sister. I seperate them as quickly as possible and they have never drawn blood but this is becoming more and more of a problem. I took them to training classes when they were about 6 months old and the training club used spiked training collars. and I now have 2 leash aggressive dogs towards other dogs. I walk them and he has improved. Guess the issue that I cannot deal with anymore is his aggression towards his sister and heis a fence runner/fighter. The minute he hers anyone when outside he goes wild barking and jumping at the fence.

Comments

• Jess DavisJess Davis Posts: 833Member
    edited 2 February, 2014
    Littermates. Puppy mill dogs. Barrier & frustration aggression. Reactivity created/built with prong collars. That's a bigger problem than a bunch of strangers on the internet can really help you with. I highly suggest you speak with a behaviourist about dealing with your dogs' numerous issues. In the mean time, I would keep them separate in situations you know barrier/frustration aggression may arise. Training is a lifelong process, so taking one class with your pups is not likely to be enough. When you go speak to the behaviourist, please ensure that they use scientific methods and focus primarily on positive reinforcement to address your issues.