Pet hair... vacuum...

cbkste Leecbkste Lee Posts: 3Member
edited 17 April, 2014 in Australian Shepherd
So... we've gone through a Hoover, a Dirt Devil, and a Kenmore in the last few years... currently we're using an old Panasonic on loan from my mom. I'm getting sick of this I want a vac that really picks up hair and dosen't stop sucking (or would it be that it starts sucking? Lol). Anyways, we are on a super tight budget. We are getting a tax return, and we've decided to set aside $200 for a new vac and $100 to get the carpets cleaned. However, in doing some research online I've come to find that you can buy your own steam cleaner for around $100. Sounds a lot better to me than paying to rent a cleaner every so often and rushing to move furniture so that we can get the whole house done in 24 hours so as not to be charged for a second day... This is what I'm thinking... For a vac, I've singled out the Bissel Pet Hair Eraser. For the steamer, I'm looking at the Bissel 2080. Dose anyone have either of these? I've read many mixed reviews about the Bissel Pet Hair vac but for my price range it seems to be the best option. I've read that Dyson makes the best pet hair vac, but there's no way I can shell out the nearly $600 for it. Those of you that have the Bissel vac, dose it have any filters or other parts that need to be replaced regularly? How well dose it work for edging? How long dose it last? Dose it *really* suck up all that hair? Finally, as the owner of a very sheddy dog, should I simply expect to have to replace the vac every year?

Comments

• cbkste Leecbkste Lee Posts: 3Member
    edited 25 July, 2013
    :( no one reply the post.. I hvae reseach some sites for best vacuum for pet hair. I'll share them for you. For a vacuum - I now swear by the Bissell Healthy Home Vac. Its got more power than the Pet Eraser model and has all the same attachments. It is heavier but its the best vac in that price range I have ever used. I looked into the Dyson vacuum for pet hair but just couldn't wrap my head around that high price tag. The Bissell has been working consistantly for over 3 years now cleaning up most of that time after 4 retrievers (as well as my husband). Happy to say that we have had no problems with it. As far as steam cleaners go, we also have the Bissell Pro Heat model. It works really well but I think the cleaning solution is what makes the biggest difference. We use the Oxyclean brand and have found it does a better job than most. Hope that this helps!
  • Tidy SharkTidy Shark Posts: 1Member
    edited 18 December, 2013
    i think that dyson makes a great choice! Shea @ tidyshark.com/
  • Jane McCaffertyJane McCafferty Posts: 1Member
    edited 2 March, 2014
    I really enjoyed the best vacuum for pet hair that were reviewed here, especially the Dyson models.
  • Karen MittanKaren Mittan Posts: 2Member
    edited 17 April, 2014
    Dyson "The Animal" was our choice. The salesman was shocked when I brought in my own bag of Aussie hair with me... I told him, "I'm not buying anything that won't pick this up!" Sadly, top $$ Dysan is what worked... but, it has been many years (8-10?) since I purchased it, and it is still running strong!