Which Breed would be best?

Amy AnguloAmy Angulo Posts: 1Member
edited 16 May, 2015 in Choosing the Right Dog
I am looking to get a second dog but I currently have a Jack Russell terrier Nala and a cat Pyewacket and they get along well but I used to have a second dog that recently passed away and I am ready to get a second dog but I am trying do decide on a good breed match. The jack russell is quite assertive and the cat is dog savvy and doesn't even move for the dog. What breed do you think would be a good match? Low, medium, high energy? Size preferably not to big because it needs to fit through the dog door (I guess I could put a new one in for the right dog) Any multiple dog owners with Jack Russells?

Comments

• Maliya DreverMaliya Drever Posts: 12Member
    edited 14 May, 2015
    My family used to have a JRT who unfortunately passed, but when he was alive I brought home a Yorkie puppy. Him and the Yorkie got along really well, they slept together and played together. I'm not really sure about any other specific breeds that are good with JRT but I'm sure if you bring the other dog home as a puppy it should be fine. Female would probably be best. But Yorkies are great companions (parents have 3) and they're really good with the cats.
  • Vicky ChanVicky Chan MarkhamPosts: 3,542Member
    edited 16 May, 2015
    I think papillons would be good, but I've heard they're like minnie border collies. I also like pomeranians. :)