Do you think Lily is 100% long haired chihuahua

Lisa RafisLisa Rafis MulbartonPosts: 2Member
I bought Lily as a purebreed chihuahua and I just wonder at 5 1/2 months what you guys thought re: her looks. I think she has a chihuahua body, but not sure her face is breed standard. Your opinions would be great!!

Best Answers

• Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
    Accepted Answer
    If you bought her from a source that said she was purebred, then she probably is. (However, sometimes puppy mills will lie about them being purebred.) I don't know about Chi's, but in Collies you can breed a rough (long-hair) Collie to a smooth (short-hair) Collie and the puppies are considered purebred. My uncle Joey's dog Snoopy is "part" Wire-hair and smooth-hair JRT, and he is considered purebred.
  • Karen MordenKaren Morden Port HuronPosts: 1,174Member
    Accepted Answer
    Right now she looks pure but it's hard to tell until she is full grown.They don't get their full coats until they are adults.
  • Jade JarockiJade Jarocki Posts: 107Member
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, of corse she is!! chihuahuas come in all shapes, sizes, and even colors & coats. I seen 1 at the pet store that was 3 months old and was 9 pounds, puls the helper said she had 1 that was 5 years and 3 pounds. P.S. she may be a long haired apple head or a deer leg chihuahua
  • Sandra PerrySandra Perry MemphisPosts: 1,425Member
    Accepted Answer
    I have a short-haired chi and hers and Gracie's faces are very similar in structure. She's a beauty no matter what she is! :D
  • April OwensApril Owens HarlanPosts: 105Member
    Accepted Answer
    She looks like a pure breed to me. There are two different types of faces on Chihuahuas. I had one when I was younger and he had very big ears and a long snout. They called him an apple head Chihuahua. Lily looks more like a doll face, which in my opinion are much cuter. You can search the web for photos of other Chihuahuas to see if you find one that looks similar to her, but in my opinion she is a pure breed.