Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

We will probably be moving to Arkansas this year, and what is Arkansas's stand on BSL?

Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
Do they have any laws about Pit Bulls or other breeds on the so-called dangerous breeds list? Cookie is a German Shepherd and my uncle (he's the one who started this moving business) has a German Shepherd too named India, so do they ban German Shepherds specifically? I don't want to live anywhere where BSL in any form is present, but I don't have any say in this matter. P.S. And my uncle may be keeping one of India's puppies, so we may have 3 German Shepherds to move instead of two. We'll be somewhere in northern Arkansas. We haven't bought a property there yet, but we will be in the country.

Best Answers

• Sandra PerrySandra Perry MemphisPosts: 1,425Member
    Accepted Answer
    It depends on where you're settling. My parents live in AR and BSL is a city ordinance and not a state law.
  • Chris & Brian CrawfordChris & Brian Crawford Posts: 1,879Member
    Accepted Answer
    Since you have a general idea of where you'll be moving, I would go online and find a list of all the counties in northern Arkansas. In most states now, each individual county has a website for the county that provides information for residents and future residents of that county. That usually includes a site with rules and regulations regarding animals, along with statistics and contact information for animal control. If there are any breeds banned in northern Arkansas counties, those websites would be the best place to find out. If the sites don't include that information, call the number for animal control (all county sites should have that) and ask them if there are any breed restrictions in the county. Another question to consider is how many animals are allowed per home where you're moving. If you're moving with 3 German Shepherds and Treader, you may want to make sure there's no limit to, say, 3 animals.
  • Lindsey GivensLindsey Givens Posts: 18Member
    Accepted Answer
    I know Little Rock has banned Rottweilers and Bit Bulls, but I haven't heard of other cities in Arkansas banning any breeds. I used to live on Beaver Lake in the Northwest corner of Arkansas, but I don't know where you are moving. Here is a website that might help. http://americaagainstbsl.tripod.com/contact_your_legislators.html It gives you a link to contact your legislature about the issue to get your question answered.