Dear Dogster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Dogster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Dogster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Dogster magazine, www.dogster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Dogster

I live in Scottsdale Arizona. I own 8 pets but have no idea and cannot find the pet limit law! Help.

Sharon HelmsSharon Helms Bull ValleyPosts: 1Member
I was just wondering what the pet limit laws are in my state, city, or county. If anyone knows that would be most helpful.

Best Answers

• Karen VigilKaren Vigil RenoPosts: 1,251Member
    Accepted Answer
    I don't know but if you call your local Animal Control they can tell you. You can do it discretely and not let on how many pets you have. You don't mention how many of "each" type of pet you have, that can make a difference, they may allow 3 dogs and 3 cats and most States don't have a limit on birds or rodents but your best bet is to ask. I believe your Animal Control is Maricopa County.
  • Karen MordenKaren Morden Port HuronPosts: 1,174Member
    Accepted Answer
    As Makia said I would call from an unlisted or blocked number and not mention where you live currently. It is just easier to do that then to have someone show up at your door and stressing you out.Find out and then work on what you need to do. Most counties are only concerned about the dogs you have. Good Luck
  • Chris & Brian CrawfordChris & Brian Crawford Posts: 1,879Member
    Accepted Answer
    Maricopa County does not limit the number of pets you can keep, as long as they are well-cared for and have proper food, water and shelter. They also must be vaccinated and licensed. Somtimes, the statutes for the city vary from the statutes for the county, so I would see whether Scottsdale has its own rules in regards to the number of pets, or whether the county laws apply to you. Here's the contact info for Maricopa County Animal Control - http://www.maricopa.gov/Pets/AboutUs/