What if you do not want someone from your past to contact you or view your dogs on dogster?

I do not want to play with her.

Best Answers

• Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
    Accepted Answer
    Just avoid that person, don't tell her about your Dogster profile. If she contacts you don't answer. That's really all you can do. The internet if for everyone, so if she already knows about your dog's pages you can't stop her from looking at them. As far as I know, the internet can't block one person from looking at a page. Good luck and maybe you will find a way.
  • Kathy ToddKathy Todd KingstonPosts: 3,607Member
    Accepted Answer
    There isn't anything you can do to stop someone from viewing your dogs on Dogster. This is a site on the web that is open to everyone. Hopefully this person doesn't know you are on Dogster. You can try to ensure they don't find out you are on Dogster by not telling them and asking friends not to tell them. As far as contacting you, the only way they can contact you through Dogster is if they have an account too and they p-mail. I would ignore their p-mail but if it becomes harrassing or inappropriate p-mail then contact Dogster HQ and they will review the p-mails and will deal with it. HQ can remove pups from Dogster for inappropriate behaviour.
  • Karen MordenKaren Morden Port HuronPosts: 1,174Member
    Accepted Answer
    If the dog is on dogster then you can block that user from sending you any paw mail and you can delete them from your friends list by going to "My Account" and following the directions on deleting info from your dogs page
  • Chris & Brian CrawfordChris & Brian Crawford Posts: 1,879Member
    Accepted Answer
    Keeping someone from contacting you is the easier of the two questions to answer. There is a setting inside your Dogster Paw Mail where you can "block" a user from sending you messages. In order to do this, however, they have to have sent you at least one message. There is no option to put in their Dogster user name and block them. Keeping someone from viewing your pages altogether, on the other hand, is not an option on Dogster. You cannot block people from your pages. One thing you could try would be to sign up for new Dogster pages for all of your dogs, and don't put their full names or your location. But even then, if someone wanted to find you, they could probably still go through all the Yorkies on Dogster or recognize the photos on Answers or the Forums. The only real way of keeping someone from seeing your Dogster profiles is not to have them. Personally, I'd just ignore the person.