Does anyone know where to get doggie bandanas?

We are looking to find some bandanas for Sasha, since dresses and shirts are starting to look rediculous on her. We got her 1 bandana at wal-mart but it was the only one in her size. I'm looking for some girly doggie bandanas you know pink, purple. I tried Petco and all they had were like sports teams and nascar bandanas (not very girly and we really aren't into sports and nascar) and Petsmart (we hate petsmart) most of theirs say Petsmart on it and are over priced (they also have Harley Davidson but we aren't into motorcycles either) Where would you recommend finding affordable doggie bandanas? Do you know if they are difficult to make? Thanks

Best Answers

• Tameica WaltersTameica Walters North LauderdalePosts: 1Member
    Accepted Answer
    You can look to find some at walmart in the doggie isle or you can create your own from a regular size bandanna for humans depending on her size you can fold it of cut it. Best of luck to you.
  • Sandi MahanaSandi Mahana Visalia, CAPosts: 4,011Member
    Accepted Answer
    I know that walmart sometimes carries doggy bandanas for cheap. But I think that it is fun to make them. Its really not all that hard all you gotta do is measure the size of Sashas neck and then cut out a triangle that is a bit bigger than Sasha's neck from some kind of material. I've made Odie a few bandanas and it only takes me about 1-2 hours to make each one
  • Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
    Accepted Answer
    I've seen some nice ones in catalogs like Collector's. You can probably also get some online. I get my dog's bandanas mostly from Dollar General.
  • Nena SchvaneveldtNena Schvaneveldt West Valley CityPosts: 9,306Member
    Accepted Answer
    You can buy fabric you like at a local fabric store and MAKE a doggie bandanna! :) That way you get exactly what you want for cheap!
  • Carly theshepherdmomCarly theshepherdmom Posts: 16Member
    Accepted Answer
    Sasha is beautiful! I'm not much of a Chihuahua person or JRT person but she is wonderful! Just go to Wal-Mart I got the cutest little black bandana with white paws they also have some pink ones!
  • kendra bravokendra bravo dallas TxPosts: 10Member
    Accepted Answer
    petco ..believe it or not.... they have really cute dog clothes and cute patriotic bandanas
  • Judy MurdochJudy Murdoch Northern Lower MichiganPosts: 8,717Member
    Accepted Answer
    Go to a fabric store - or WalMart, if your has a decent fabric department, buy 1/2 of a yard of cotton or cotton blend fabric. Cut it into 2 squares 18" by 18". Fold each one diagonally, crease it, unfold it and cut from a corner on your line to the opposite corner . You just made four scarves. If you are going to do this often, buy a pair of pinking scissors, then the edges won't fray. Hemming these is not fun. If you want hems, leave them in squares, hem them and fold them diagonally. Double would be too hot for my dogs. My sister was a groomer and needed to turn out stacks of these in all sizes. 1/4 yd, 3/8/ 1/2 & 5/8 were most common. Measure the short straight side of a scarf that fits and that wil give you your yardage. Basically, you are just making a triangle. When you become experienced, you can add trims. Edging, bows, sequins. Most can be glued on. Have at it! I can see it now. A whole drawer of scarves. PS, I think it is a great idea for Sasha.
  • Chris & Brian CrawfordChris & Brian Crawford Posts: 1,879Member
    Accepted Answer
    Wal Mart carries $1 bandanas (some cute paw print ones, too) in the area where they keep purses and bags. Target sells bandanas for most holidays in the $1 area / aisle before the holiday. Right now, they have a couple different US flag ones for the Fourth of July. Nearly any craft store, such as Michael's, carries an assortment of bandanas in all kinds of colors and patterns, usually for $1 to $3 each. You can get plain colored ones that you can decorate yourself (and they sell everything you might want to decorate them with, from rhinestones to fabric paint to iron-ons), and you can get patterned ones. Lastly, you can easily make your own. All you need is square fabric and hem the edges. Or you can fold it in half and make two triangles. Straight stitches is all that's required. If you want them to close with Velcro, just put Velcro on the ends. Again, only straight stitches.