I left my pup with friend during vacation & they wont give him back, how do I get him?

I got my 4 month old CABO from my sisters litter and during a family trip we asked our ex stepmom to watch them. When I went to get him she wasnt home so I took him from the yard, later police came. She had gone & registerd him in her name & said I stole him! How can I prove he is mine & keep my CABO?

Best Answers

• Carissa MaleckiCarissa Malecki Buffalo / BaltimorePosts: 7,383Member
    Accepted Answer
    Vet receipts will often help prove ownership.
  • JULIE REYNOLDSJULIE REYNOLDS St. LouisPosts: 10,984Member
    Accepted Answer
    Wow. Well you have your sister to prove that he came from her dog's litter, right? This is terrible. :(
  • Accepted Answer
    Police, vet reciepts, your sister, and a trip to court should help you out. Bring ALL the proof you can to court and you should be able to get your dog back. I want to slap that lady... if anyone tried to do that to me.... *shudders* nevermind. :- x
  • Brynley RossBrynley Ross RichmondPosts: 240Member
    Accepted Answer
    Whereever you got him will show that hes first signed in your name, vet reciepts, bills for toys food just for extra info, pics of you and your dog previously I am so sorry for this, I wouldn't know what to do.