2yr huskey mix, bloody diarrhea, drooling, lethargic for 3 day w/vet picked her up and she died b4 i

Drew CaubleDrew Cauble NorwoodPosts: 1Member
we went on vac. in Tenn. left on Sun mourning. She hadn't eatten since sat night. Sun night she started having projectile bloody diarrhea she vomited twice and started to drool. i took her to an emerg. vet they kept her overnight. picked her up mon mouning. and took to a vet near where we were staying. i had to literally carry her in there. they kept her until we left wed around noon. she was up and down at the vet they gave her, anit vommiting and anit diarrhea meds, anitbiotics, a fluids, she started drinking water on tues. but still hadn't ate anything. we picked her up and headed back to NC. called her regular vet to set up app. for today. we were about 1 hr. from home when we started to hear her whine. we pulled over. got her up and she was seizing, put her on the ground and she limp. it was like she was choking for air. and within 5 min she had passed. i just want to know some kind a explanation for this. thank you

Best Answers

• Tiffany CarsonTiffany Carson St. MarysPosts: 15,800Member
    Accepted Answer
    I'm sorry that this happened to your dog... I don't have any idea why, it just happens sometimes... sorry for your loss.
  • StellaStella Posts: 6,822Member
    Accepted Answer
    Sorry for your loss, how tragic.....It could be some kind of poisoning. If your dog ate something she found on the ground, some plants are very poisonous to dogs, or even if they lap up anti freeze thats on the concrete. Without blood tests, you'll probly never know.
  • kathy loftkathy loft BellevillePosts: 2,200Member
    Accepted Answer
    This just broke my heart, I am so sorry for your loss. Like the previous post without testing being done you will probably never know. The only thing I can think of is parvo or poison. My thoughts are with you.
  • Aineen RodgersAineen Rodgers Posts: 3Member
    Accepted Answer
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. You must be heartbroken. Not knowing why makes it that much more sorrowful. Is there any way you can afford to have an autopsy done? It certainly sounds like poisoning. I would call the emergency vet and other vet you took her to and ask what their diagnosis was. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.