my 7 monyh old OEB likes to pull on the leash whenever we are outside.

Diane DeMarDiane DeMar FrederickPosts: 12Member
I have tryed walking the other way and making her come to me and sit, but whenever we start walking again she just keep pulling. There are time that she can be walking and then start running. she weigh's about 55 pounds and she is very strong. I would love to beable to take her for walks but not feel as if she is taking me for one. Thanks

Best Answer

• kathy loftkathy loft BellevillePosts: 2,200Member
    Accepted Answer
    What I did goes as follows. When I started out with Deogie I would take a step, if he pulled to the end of the leash, I would stop. I wouldn't say anything or try and pull him back, I would wait until he came back to me and then I would treat him. Then I would take another step if he pulled, stop, wait until he came back to me..treat. This may take awhile and you may only take 5 steps, but be consistant, don't give in. When he does start walking without pulling on the leash, treat treat treat and lots of good boys. Deogie outweighs me by 30 pounds and by this method walks right by my side. You will get lots of great answers and I'm sure you can find the solution to this problem.