What is a an Abruzzenhund?

I am making a website about dogs. I am doing abruzzenhund's and I'm wandering if any one can give me some info about them. If you were just wondering, my website is dogsrule111.wetpaint.com. The top part is part of wetpaint but on the side it's the start of an awesome website. Justclick on breeds and go from there. Thanks! Princess, the lovable chihuahua

Best Answers

• Brooke WainwrightBrooke Wainwright JacksonvillePosts: 1,164Member
    Accepted Answer
    Abruzzenhund's are good watch dogs and family pets. The Abruzzenhund has coarse hair which grows in whorls. They are, Lively, cheerful, friendly, alert, dependent, and sharp-witted. They get along with children well. They are a rare breed of dog. Also, they are a working breed. A short walk around the block 3 times a day is not enough for this dog, they need to be able to run free in a open field to get good exercise. They live to be to 11-13 years. Their fur needs to be brushed and combed to release all the loose fur. The dogs coat needs to be taken care of more when the dog is shedding. ~Hope I could help!
  • Lorrie WilliamsLorrie Williams USAPosts: 51Member
    Accepted Answer
    They are very lovable dogs! p.s can you tell me where you can make a website I wanna make one
  • Chris & Brian CrawfordChris & Brian Crawford Posts: 1,879Member
    Accepted Answer
    "Abruzzenhund" is German and means "Abruzzo Dog" in English. Abruzzo is a region of Italy. In Italy itself, the breed is called Pastore Maremmano Abruzzese, and in the United States, they are known as the Maremma Sheepdog or Maremma-Abruzzese. They are large white dogs that are used primarily as livestock guardians and herding dogs. They are related to the Kuvasz and quite similar in size and appearance. If you Google Maremma Sheepdog, you'll find a ton of information about the breed. :)