I do not know what is wrong with my beagle?

I rescently purchased a 8 or 9 month old beagle. The problem is we have had him for a week and he will not wiggle his tail, he seems sad all the time, and he will not walk when leashed. Its like we have to drag him and even then he will not move. He sits in the same spot all day and will not move. He sits on a mat we got him but he continues to pee in it and does not get up. At first he would not eat or drink water but now he does with some help... I wonder what is going on here with this male beagle...can anyone give some advice??

Best Answers

• Kim PeltierKim Peltier Posts: 3Member
    Accepted Answer
    how is his poo? when i got my pup she was extremely lethargic and couldn't really wake her up and she had runny mucusy poo...ended up being coccidia and giardia...
  • kathy loftkathy loft BellevillePosts: 2,200Member
    Accepted Answer
    The best advice I can give you and this is something you should have done already...GO TO THE VET. Do you know his history? Was he abused? If he was maybe he might need some time to adjust to a loving home. Give him lots of reassurance, lots of treats to gain your trust and lots of praise when he does do something. But the first thing you need to do is take him to the vet to rule out any health issues. Good luck to you.
  • Accepted Answer
    I bet he is full of worms!...Take him to the vet a.s.a.p.!!!
  • Brynn BaldwinBrynn Baldwin Posts: 245Member
    Accepted Answer
    where did you get him?