king charles spaniel obsessed with eating newly adopted kittens faesces,both live in the house.we're

our 6 year old spaniel has always been a big eater,occasionally eating faesces,but recently he's been following the kitten around just waiting for his chance,it's getting a bit too much.any ideas on his fixation?

Best Answers

• Dee TobinDee Tobin DesMoinesPosts: 984Member
    Accepted Answer
    1) what kind of food are you feeding? I upped my food to a better brand and they were fuller and that toned it down....also I have put pineapple juice on the poo and they wont touch it I have read some put the juice on the food somerthing about he poo and the pineapple they dont like!
  • Tonia WilsonTonia Wilson ChattanoogaPosts: 4,152Member
    Accepted Answer
    We also lik to eat the kitty poop so mommy put the litter pan in a corner and a screen (like a room divider) enclosing the box then a small wooden board "doorway" for the cat to enter. We could pull it down but we don't know it so the kitty litter is safe and so are we. Good luck!!
  • Ariana BerkemeierAriana Berkemeier Lake ArrowheadPosts: 26Member
    Accepted Answer
    I found this off of a show on animal planet. It's called It's Me Or The Dog. I love the show. She had a dog to train that would eat his fecies, she gave him pinapple. Pinapple, when it comes out on the other end, he tries to eat it, it tastes horrible. I hope my advice is helpful! I would also see if you could get him the 6 in 1 shot. It is a shot if he eates fecies, he's protected from deasies. Please do so, if you already have done it, pawsome! Happy Holidays! Any problems, please don'tt hesiate! Kosmo and Ariana
  • Jessica SmithJessica Smith Posts: 6Member
    Accepted Answer
    At Doctors Foster & Smith, they sell a product called "For-Bid" which is a powder you add to the food of the cat, dog, etc. whose feces is being eaten. It causes the feces to taste bad to the dog. I have not tried it myself, but it might work to solve your problem! Here is the link to the product: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3547