how do i determine the breed of my mixed breed rescue dog?

my dog was described by the humane society as a min pin mix ... he is a dark brindle with tail carried over his back ... he weighs 13 lbs. and resembles a trim jack russell terrier

Best Answers

• Jayj GJayj G BlancoPosts: 1,218Member
    Accepted Answer
    There are DNA tests you can have done if you really want to know, they can be expensive, $50 to over $100, but they can tell you all the breeds in your dog, however they don't "recognize" all breeds, only about 150 I think, like the most popular ones, so the rarer dog breeds would come up as "unknown" You could make a dogster account and post a picture of him, and ask people what they think he is!
  • Linda MatthewsLinda Matthews Plain cityPosts: 6,859Member
    Accepted Answer
    DNA kit. (rayallen.com) I think I am going to get one for a dog we got out of dog shelter,she is big and georgeous but who knows what she is. You can sit and guess all day but this kit I am going to order soon. If it really works I will let ya'll know. I am very curious. I have heard great raves about it's accuracy. Don't know anything other than that. And my boyfriend tells people she's some kind of mastiff/ ridgeback ect. I want to prove him right or wrong either way.